OpenAdmin

@TazWake Thanks. I’ll keep pushing. will feel better if I do it on my own anyway haha. I’ve found a few things of interest, just need to figure out how to use them. cheers again

@Raqune89 - nice work.

Working on user2
Curl completed but lacking credentials to use.
I’m uncertain if altering a m**n file is appropriate as it’s not owned by the user I want.

Type your comment> @ZeWanderer said:

I keeping running the 4****.sh script but I get a non-responsive $ shell. No matter what I type I get no output and a $. I’ve tried to pop a shell from it, but python, nc, and bash shells haven’t worked. Help or a hint as to what I’m doing wrong would be appreciated.

use the metasploit exploit with a linux payload

Type your comment> @kruu said:

Could anyone give me a hint please? I’m having trouble understanding the script. I’m just getting a $ and no command execution. I’m also not sure where to begin with manually doing it.

Thank you for your time.

use metasploit with a linux payload

the broken script works for user… :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @inc0gnit0 said:

Type your comment> @kruu said:

Could anyone give me a hint please? I’m having trouble understanding the script. I’m just getting a $ and no command execution. I’m also not sure where to begin with manually doing it.

Thank you for your time.

use metasploit with a linux payload

can also use php reverse shell. worked for me.

Just rooted.

What a great box.

Let me know if you need any help via direct message. :slight_smile:

How can I run binaries with ‘sudo’ without knowing the user’s password?

Fun box… getting through the user stuff was interesting.

Hard to tell what that script is and what it’s doing by name alone!?! > @s37h said:

I am proper stuck right now and I feel ashamed. I have the user creds for jy but cant find the password for j*a. I have a hash that I’m trying to crack with john, but its taking forever.

A solid nudge would be awesome.

You need to use Johns friend first, to get it in the right format, if you haven’t already done so.

@0xo said:
How can I run binaries with ‘sudo’ without knowing the user’s password?

You have permission to sudo some things without password. check your permissions.

@s37h said:

I am proper stuck right now and I feel ashamed. I have the user creds for jy but cant find the password for j*a. I have a hash that I’m trying to crack with john, but its taking forever.

A solid nudge would be awesome.

If it is just a hash you found in a file, you dont always need to crack it - there are ways you can bypass the step which checks for it, before it gives you the thing you need.

If it is a key rather than a hash, @CuriousJ gave you the perfect advice.

OK, so yesterday I spent around 4 hours trawling through files trying to find creds for User2. I had to give up and go to bed.
I just woke up and got the J***y ssh again to find a whole bunch of files that weren’t there last night. so I got root flag but I’m sure it is an unintended way cause the file was named strangely. still stuck on getting

1. User 2 creds
  2. User flag

any help would be appreciated

@Raqune89 said:

any help would be appreciated

Have you read these?

If you are stuck with a specific step which isn’t covered by a previous question, it is easier to help if you explain where you are stuck.

Stop reseting the box

Rooted finally after baging my head on root for a while.
Almost every hint is already given here in the forum (thanks to everybody!) but again: it’s sometimes so obvious that it get’s overlooked. I didn’t thought that some escalation pathes may have some parameters that are already given as well. It’s easy to execute but you have to read carefully.

PM me if you need a little nudge.

I get the message
“[] Command Stager progress - 100.14% done (705/704 bytes)
[
] Exploit completed, but no session was created.” if I try to create the meterpreter session… also tried different payloads, same error, any suggestion?

Type your comment> @Lucaman said:

I get the message
“[] Command Stager progress - 100.14% done (705/704 bytes)
[
] Exploit completed, but no session was created.” if I try to create the meterpreter session… also tried different payloads, same error, any suggestion?

The MSF one is far from perfect but it depends on the payload. If you use a non-staged one you might have better luck, but I found the bash script was much more effective.

I wish there weren’t so many box resets. I think I understand why it’s happening, but the low-hanging fruit from first pass of enumeration just isn’t there (not that I was able to see anyway) and results in trolling everyone else who is further along :slight_smile: