PlayerTwo

@0xRCE said:
Could someone give me a little nudge in the right direction to get past the 2FA?

I’m stuck at "Missing p*********" in a**/t***. Fuzzing/guessing for the missing stuff and trying to guess the payload gave me nothing so far.
I see others were stuck also at this, but I’m not connecting the dots from the hints.

I guess, it’s a bad nudge, but seems very accurate to me.

Also keep in mind how you connect variables in programming languages when they consist of several words.

Type your comment> @v01t4ic said:

@0xRCE said:
Could someone give me a little nudge in the right direction to get past the 2FA?

I’m stuck at "Missing p*********" in a**/t***. Fuzzing/guessing for the missing stuff and trying to guess the payload gave me nothing so far.
I see others were stuck also at this, but I’m not connecting the dots from the hints.

https://youtu.be/Q48FtnmhbdI

I guess, it’s a bad nudge, but seems very accurate to me.

Also keep in mind how you connect variables in programming languages when they consist of several words.

Thanks @v01t4ic for the nudge, it figured it out! With this in mind, going back to my notes was enough to get the parameter I was missing.

So, even though my progress here is terrible ( I feel it could be years before I get user), I feel a bit better because this is clearly such a hard box that even Hackplayers don’t have a password protected write up on it yet :smile:

What a fun box, defiantly learned lots during root - at times it felt like playing a game of Towers of Hanoi :slight_smile: Also, user was another lesson in turning over every stone and looking underneath.

Thanks @MrR3boot & @b14ckh34rt for the box!

@job0 said:
What a fun box, defiantly learned lots during root - at times it felt like playing a game of Towers of Hanoi :slight_smile: Also, user was another lesson in turning over every stone and looking underneath.

Thanks @MrR3boot & @b14ckh34rt for the box!

Good Work :wink:

Banging my head for three days upgrading my shell to get some more privileges. Maybe someone could give a little nudge to upgrade privs.

Not sure if I’m tuned in into the right “interesting” place mentioned in posts before, every once in a while I get some status updates saying everything is OK and nothing happened.
Trying to speak inside this interesting place gives me nothing, maybe I don’t know how to speak friend :wink:

BTW, @MrR3boot and @b14ckh34rt thanks for the box, it’s been a real fun ride so far

I’m stuck with t**p I got {“error”:“Invalid Session”}

[*] Switching to interactive mode
# $ id
uid=1000(observer) gid=1000(observer) euid=0(root) groups=1000(observer)
# $ cd /root
# $ ls -l
total 12
-rwx------ 1 root root 819 Nov 10 14:27 broadcast.py
-rwx------ 1 root root 905 Sep 13 18:39 connection.py
-r-------- 1 root root  33 Sep  5 03:41 root.txt
# $ cat root.txt

i got the root. :smiley: it was very hard for me.but i learned a lot from this machine.
i have solved heap challenges before, but this one was new and hard.
thank you @MrR3boot @b14ckh34rt and @job0 @blink3r @v01t4ic for their helps

I just started with box, enable to find a valid directory so far any good list for reference.
Regards

Cant find the correct action for the mfa despite all the hints here. Have gone through various wordlists + different permutations on each but still no hits? Would appreciate a hint here.
edit: why is it always when i finally reach for help, I soon happen to magically realize the error myself…

Type your comment> @sanre said:

Cant find the correct action for the mfa despite all the hints here. Have gone through various wordlists + different permutations on each but still no hits? Would appreciate a hint here.
edit: why is it always when i finally reach for help, I soon happen to magically realize the error myself…

I would appericate your hint regarding directory enumeration.

Done! It was hard, really hard. The user is good but some guessing necessary (thanks @menessim). The root was fantastic but very hard and very fun for me. It was my first heap exploitation. I have read a lot write ups and try many methods before i got root with my own custom script)

Hello can somebody help me please? I’m stuck at the firmware part. I have tried a few things but they doesn’t work.

EDIT : Got it. Don’t need help anymore.

I finally rooted Player2 after three weeks of hard work. What can I say? I wish every box would make me go back to school like this. I feel much stronger now. Thanks @MrR3boot. Thanks @b14ckh34rt.

Hey, I just started this box, but I had to say the the homepage is pretty effin funny. Protobs! we believe that bits never lie! Let’s poke each other! roflol, ok had to get that off my chest. Have a good one!

If anyone is feeling cryptic, I’m fishing for a nudge toward user. I’m on the box as the normal unprivileged account, and I’ve managed to pull some clearly important data from the running service, but I’m drawing a blank on what I can actually do with it. All the moving parts I can find regarding the process in the documentation seem to only apply to steps I’ve already completed.

Nevermind, I only needed to embarrass myself publicly to immediately figure it out. I’m in.

Hi @Eli - you mind if I ping you?

Got user, root is tough, wish had more time to work on it, great box really enjoyed it !
PM for nudges :wink:

do we need a special wordlist for this one (i dont want to spoil exactly where, at the beginning)? the standard ones i usually use failed… ;(

Any nudges for the firmware RCE? I’ve tried a range of things to no avail and eager to discuss.