[Reverse] DSYM - Stuck on challenge

Type your comment> @m3thr1l said:

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out what I’m looking at or looking for… Some rudimentary hints would be great. PM me if you’re willing to help me with this. Here’s what I have figured out:

• I can disassemble and look at strings via objdump, radare2 and gdb. The string everyone quotes is visible, but has no value afterward.
  • I can look through the code and set breakpoints, but no register ever gives me something I find relevant to the challenge.
  • The eh_frame provides additional strings, but I don’t think they’re relevant either based on the hints I see above.

I’m sure this has a simple answer, but I don’t know how to read this disassembled code in a way that guides me toward the answer.

I would suggest that you go for static analysis…and read the code. If you’re having problem in reading the assembly, then you can use one of he latest reversing tool. I also noticed that IDA is shipping a decompiler in the freeware. Might try that as well. If you have any problem feel free to DM me. Although I don’t have much knowledge I’ll try my best to help you.