M0rsArchive

What a awesome challenge! I really enjoyed this one!

was pretty fun. I used perl instead of python. I couldn’t get OCR to work so did it probably an over-complicated way but got it in the end.

For those not inclined toward perl or python solutions, you can make partial solution work using shell commands. It won’t be pretty. But basically, consider that there are some old image file formats that lend themselves to much easier cut⦚ing and typical unix-y text processing.

■■■, I started the challenge right now :slight_smile: it is going to be fun :).

Type your comment> @Crafty said:

Type your comment> @Ljugtomten said:

Anyone else having trouble with file 986? PW in image does not match the archive if you do it the same way as for the other files…

…nvm, I was retarded. Thanks @HKLM

For those wondering, I had the same issue and it had to be in lowercase.

By the way, great challenge ! Very nice to train your dev skills.
I won’t call it easy challenge tho.

Thanks for this one!

Finding the best method to retrieve the password was the hardest part.
Tried to Google OCR solutions, but this was taking me way to far. Decided to go back to the basics and think about fg and bg colours.

Once I got the Python script ready to get the password, I used my solution for the Eternal Loop challenge to automate the unzipping.

easy, all it took were the 20 most cursed lines of python you’ll never see ???
i enjoy challenges like this, they’re great practice for hacking together quick and dirty scripts for weird real world situations in which you encounter weirdly formatted data

Really nice challenge! I enjoyed in this one!
Good to learn different things.

Wrote script that works up until flag_986 where it fails, even manually.
Edit: seems like we are case sensitive.

I tried all function of PIL but can’t get any information.
Pls give me a hint!

Edit: Morse and PIL, I got it!

@swani you had me wrote my worst python script ever. Fun though :wink: thanks !
(pm for help, though quite easy)

Hello,

I’ve been on this challenge for several hours already, I quickly understood the challenge or finally the first part how to extract all the zip, but the problem, doing the challenge manually, it’s quickly a waste of time , I make a python script to recover the text with pytesseract and PIL , i try to decode the Morse text but it does not work, I do not know if the pixelation is too small, even after doing mogrify -set units PIxelPerInch -density 150 pwd.png for change the image size, but it still doesn’t work, can someone help me.
thank you

got it, feel free to PM me… thanks @guanicoe … this is probably the fun challenge i’ve ever do. python <3

Heeeeh … Finally I fix it but PIL … I’m not able yet to solve it by pytesseract … but I will try again harder… About the challenge … I love it, Read and recognize 1000 png and extract around 1002 files !! really ! thank you @mprox for that kind of brainfuck skills challenge :smiley:
a special thanks for @m4nu for his inspiration

Nice challenge, I liked it very much: I had to get rid of some rust away from py programming skills!
Thank for the challenge!

About 100 loc in python, no tesserac but PIL and zipfile

This was so much fun! Thanks @swani !!!

I could use some help on this one…

I can guess/crack all of the passwords, but obviously would take too long considering the amount of zip files.

Everyone seems to be mentioning PIL, but I don’t know what that is or how to use it??

Can anyone help guide me with that?

Haha that’s the kind of challenge that once you start you cannot stop even though you know you will spend quite some time on it.

Just wanted to check if it could be done 100% with bash… Yes sir! 60 lines of code, some headaches, and few minutes to run :slight_smile:

Nice challenge, easy to understand what to do. just needed some coding skills… witch I don’t have, so I did it in Bash
Big like from here

honestly at the beginning I thought it would be really easy … After losing some unexpected hours trying to understand the right pattern I have to admit that it was an interesting and fun challenge.

Instead I envy those who can do it without coding … I miss the bash very much … If someone were so kind to explain me the alternatives I would be grateful …

Cheers

Hello,
Does anyone succeeded with a fast solution ? I used PIL and it’s so slooooow…
Would like to debate on it :wink: