[REVERSING] headache2

I found what is it ! but I am not able to execute it as it should be !

how to get started with this ?? i have absolutely no idea pls help :\

Look at the hex

still not catching ya :\ pm with a nudge

I have found something Rusty inside the file and extract it successfully (even though it faults at runtime).
Now i am stuck analysing the remainder of the hex and the rusty thing at the same time.
anyone could shed a light?

Alright! Now i found a XMAS present through a quick google search.
where does this lead to??

had fun on the first part, less on the second, I’m curious to read the > @Xentropy said:

I have absolutely no clue how to even begin tackling this. First thought it was bytecode, then shellcode, then thought it was a bootloader… all dead ends so far. Only hint is an embedded file that seems rust-based.

Edit: Okay, so I have the flag from the unintended route, but still curious about the intended route since it seems really cool.

In other news, this thing seems to have a lot of annoying false flags for everyone doing it the intended way.

I agree with you, first part is cool, the second one is a bit “messy”. I’m very curious to see a writeup for the intended way (if there’s one) or maybe the author can share it with us in PM :slight_smile:

EDIT: the challenge itself is not that difficult, but the way to reach the “standard reversing phase” was interesting enough for the new stuff learned not just about reversing :slight_smile:

Spoiler Removed

It starts alright with the right magic

Everyone is rating this challenge as easy…is it really that easy? I’m really confused…

So I’ve managed to get it running, not finished it yet – but if anyone wants a nudge for the legit way PM me.

I tried to extract file from binary file but seems like not right… so confused. Pls give a hint! Thanks so much!

■■■■■■■■ it, @Layle
idk how this was meant to be solved, but my way sure as ■■■■ gave me a headache…

@0x41 gratz on the solve, DM me your method :slight_smile:

Solved, very fun but went down so many wrong paths.

Will give a nudge if you PM

And yes there are many literal false flags

I have “login success” ? false flag too ?

Fun challenge , solved

i get 55AA. next step, please?

Hey all, I’m a bit stuck atm. I’ve managed to extract the rust binary from the file. When i try to run it, it seg faults. I don’t know much about rust. Can someone give me a hint on where to go from here?

Hey all, I saw that this challenge was retired. I am looking for a good writeup on the challenge, but google does not find any. Does anybody have a link to one?