Valentine

@grov feel free to PM.

@grov Rooted. Will be happy to help

hi, can you get passphrase before successful ssh? Im still looking for a username… :scream:

This username thing is driving me mad, can someone PM me a hint? I’ve been trying different potential usernames related to the theme but is there something deeper I’m missing here?

Edit: Nothing deeper at all, incredibly obvious!

Need some help with this one, got the Key from decoding hype_key, and i’m pretty sure i know what the username is. I pulled something that looks like an MD5 hash from the exploit dump but don’t know how to put it together.

Got root! For anyone stuck in PE - read the Forum posts here. It really was a dirty job, but somebody had to do it!

I’m trying to verify the passphrase, which seems to be correct as it doesn’t throw the ‘Bad passphrase’ when I try to ssh-add it… Instead it throws an Error loading key (...): invalid format Any clues on this?

@MrDanMan said:
I’m trying to verify the passphrase, which seems to be correct as it doesn’t throw the ‘Bad passphrase’ when I try to ssh-add it… Instead it throws an Error loading key (...): invalid format Any clues on this?

If you have the right key and the right passphrase, just use it to log in with the correct user. It should work. Not sure what you are ssh-adding it to

hello guys, please help me about hack the box specifications . how to own machines

@halfluke said:

@MrDanMan said:

If you have the right key and the right passphrase, just use it to log in with the correct user. It should work. Not sure what you are ssh-adding it to

hello, plz help me about how to own a machine as i am new to hack the box site.

You choose a machine and you start working on it… as simple as that. There is no general guide. You’ve got to read and practice!

@Alexander1212, i found the book “Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking” was a great starting place for me, and IPPSEC video’s on YouTube helped a lot.

I hope this helps, cheers!

@halfluke said:

@MrDanMan said:

Hmm, interesting, thanks anyway. I was just ssh-adding to see if the pass phrase would work, because SSHing was slow and I didn’t feel like waiting

@Cubefarm said:
Need some help with this one, got the Key from decoding hype_key, and i’m pretty sure i know what the username is. I pulled something that looks like an MD5 hash from the exploit dump but don’t know how to put it together.

i really don’t know why, when i launch the exploit, the dump on the screen (msf) is emty… am i missing somethings?

@stormworm29 said:
Started the box still got nothing , can someone help me with a hint

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Can someone PM me with a hint of the username? I tried everything I could think of and find and still got nada

The username is not hard to find just try few stuff obvious stuff ofc

@B3nT3ch said:
The username is not hard to find just try few stuff obvious stuff ofc

I did try some obvious stuff relating to the valentine and exploit, but still nothing. Gah.

Like the others having issues with the username and password, any hints?? Can someone PM me?

I have the decoded string from the exploit and the rsa key. Would someone be able to message me a clue on finding the user please?