Traverxec

Can anyone help me with user over PM?

Edit:
got help from @Nism0 and @menri005 , ty!

Hi everyone, I am quite new to system hacking and have been strugly with root since more than 2 days now - until I read the man to the j********l really carefully and understood the small window hint (mentioned several times already).
Thanks everyone for the great hints and support, as well for newcomers like me!

Stuck on getting root. I found the s*****-s***.h file and the hint at GBs site. also tried the terminal size thing to cut only to the needed parts. also found the hint in j********l manual. but I don’t get it to work. Any tips for me?

So good machine! Leaned a lot.
PM if you need a nudge, but tell me first your progress and what have you done.

@theonemcp you are very close. Try to think how custom nostromo scripts works. Play with it more.

Rooted! PM for hints and nudges

Good machine, the biggest hint is probably the name of the machine.

Stuck on trying to get root. I know of GBins and the S*****-****s but I’m still lost on on all of this. I know I’m close, I’ve even tried going through man pages of J--------------l and so forth… Can someone pass a nudge via pm please?

ROOTED my very first maschine. :slight_smile: Fiddeling around with the commands was fun and unnerving at the same time. I’m a linux noob so I have to learn everthing from scratch …

ROOTED first Linux/Webserver machine! Woo!!! Thank you to everyone that helped. @jkr for a good machine to learn on and for help here and there! @masquerad3r for your help as well as @vsamiamv for all your help!

Hi All,
I got the conf, and got hide directory ~d****, but i stuck to next step,
can someone give me the hint ?

Type your comment> @sombrer01337 said:

Hi All,
I got the conf, and got hide directory ~d****, but i stuck to next step,
can someone give me the hint ?

Dig deeper where you are and read the config again, to the bottom line…

So been a bit stuck for a couple of days on the edge of getting user. I have the hidden files in ~david/… I have copied them over, but stuck getting connection to work with what I for from those hidden files. A nudge would be great. Anyone can PM if I need to give more details about where I am stuck. Thanks!

UPDATE: I got user. Now working on root. I have the s*****-****s.sh file. Working to find the vulnerability. >.>

Rooted.
Getting root access was definitely way easier than getting user.

rooted!

root@traverxec:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

user was a bit tricky there is a rabbit hole you don’t need any creds! For root search some juicy things after got user don’t look so far away and then GTFO :slight_smile:

finally got it, many thanks to @SamTheSapien and @haxcity,

for user: dont need to use www
for root: i didnt need to resize anything or use l*** , the b** in the *.sh was enough. GTFO helped. play with the command

rooted!

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

thanks @jkr for this box, learned alot

foothold: do what you do best
user: enumerate, enumerate, enumerate. make the links that weren’t made for you. just because you’re locked out of your house, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enter through the window ?
root: find out what you dont need in the .sh file, then escalate as if its running the less command. gtfobins is key.

I’m totally lost even after being given some nudges by well meaning members.

I got foothold on my own. The following is the order I think I need to go.

There is a manual to read. Is this based on the system used or is there another method to determine the manual. Reasoning would be to just search the system used.

Then there is the n*.*f file. It seems users are finding this info in the manual. I can’t make sense of the man and how to locate this file.

Once I find this file it should lead me to a secret place.

In the secret place there is a file I will use.

Not sure what to do with the file, but believe it will lead to user

Then it is onto root, which uses a method I’ve yet to research, but is new to me.

Is this even close?

I’d like some nudges, plus the reason or how you got there.

Some nudges pls? im stuck, i’ve got an user and a password but i didnt saw that private-space :S PM Pls

I’ve got user and password. I found a way to use them to for additional file. Now how to use this new info.