PlayerTwo

Type your comment> @soozan said:

Type your comment> @r0xas said:

is getting internal error 500 on upload normal?

don’t use gzip. just use tar without gzip.

Is it a matter of traversing or rather linking if I may ask?

@naveen1729 said:
really enjoyed the process of getting root on this box, amazing feeling to get the exploit working after several intensive days. thanks to the creators!

Glad you enjoyed the Game!

@v01t4ic said:
@MrR3boot, i think i know the name of this game we’re playing here… is it “@#$%ing chunk tetris”?! =)

Bins in bins in bins :wink:

more typical mr robot easter egg hunt bullshit
i swear to god i’m not going to do another one of these shitty boxes

Stripped binary is painful. Ouch!

i swear to god if i ever see mr robot i am going to dome him

just kidding.

@w3x said:
more typical mr robot easter egg hunt bullshit
i swear to god i’m not going to do another one of these shitty boxes

Well I can’t make a box that pleases everyone and it’s hard. We all are here for learning something new all the time and I strongly believe I’m justifying that in my submissions.

I am stuck on 2FA. cant get pass either missing p***** or Invalid a****. Found the vendor of this soft. but can’t build a freaking request based on their documentation…
Help plz!

Type your comment> @w3x said:

i swear to god if i ever see mr robot i am going to dome him

I’ve never seen you comment a single positive thing, and I’ve come across your comments quite a few times now on numerous forum threads.

If you don’t have any constructive criticism and/or positive feedback, maybe save yourself the embarrassment and refrain from saying anything at all.

Food for thought.

Nice machine @MrR3boot, the heap is destroying me.

Finally rooted this amazing box.

Last login: Tue Dec 17 13:31:35 2019
root@player2:~# 

Thank you @MrR3boot & @b14ckh34rt for this enormous experience.
I learnt a ton on heap and yes, definitely bins in bins in bins is a great hint :wink:
Thanks also to @idomino for the interesting suggestions and @v01t4ic for the interesting conversations.
If I can add another hint: pay attention to g**** version.
See you next box!
Cheers

Type your comment> @blink3r said:

Finally rooted this amazing box.

Last login: Tue Dec 17 13:31:35 2019root@player2:~#

Thank you @MrR3boot & @b14ckh34rt for this enormous experience.
I learnt a ton on heap and yes, definitely bins in bins in bins is a great hint :wink:
Thanks also to @idomino for the interesting suggestions and @v01t4ic for the interesting conversations.
If I can add another hint: pay attention to g**** version.
See you next box!
Cheers

Well Done :slight_smile:

By far my favorite box. I’m glad I went the intended way of getting root. It really forced me to get out of my comfort zone into the world of heaps and bins. Learned lots. Kudos to @MrR3boot and @b14ckh34rt. Thank you!

[*] Switching to interactive mode
# $ id
uid=1000(observer) gid=1000(observer) euid=0(root) groups=1000(observer)

@MrR3boot & @b14ckh34rt Thanks for the game guys! Box is awesome!
And to everyone who helped me along the way. I don’t think I’ve read this much doing boxes before this one =) Absolutely positive that I wouldn’t be reading glibc course code

PS. Solved using Tc****. Will appreciate if anyone cares to take a look at my code and explain how I can overlap in bins. I stumbled on unlinking part.

This was tough. Like, too tough. As in, I won’t be doing something like this again for a WHILE, tough. :smiley:

Thanks @MrR3boot and @b14ckh34rt for owning me, and also for improving my heap exp. skills! Root was especially hard for me as I typically find myself lacking in the RE and bin. exp. department(s). This machine forced me to re-learn (almost) everything from the ground up, and then start building my exploit from scratch.

Please keep making boxes :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @v01t4ic said:

[*] Switching to interactive mode
# $ id
uid=1000(observer) gid=1000(observer) euid=0(root) groups=1000(observer)

And to everyone who helped me along the way. I don’t think I’ve read this much doing boxes before this one =) Absolutely positive that I wouldn’t be reading glibc course code

PS. Solved using Tc****. Will appreciate if anyone cares to take a look at my code and explain how I can overlap in bins. I stumbled on unlinking part.

Solved using tcache? Nice work man. Glibc 2.29 has some nasty checks. I’m thinking I’ll just try and dodge tcache entirely for the time being. We’ll see how far I get with that though… ^_^"

@farbs said:

This was tough. Like, too tough. As in, I won’t be doing something like this again for a WHILE, tough. :smiley:

Thanks @MrR3boot for owning me, and also for improving my heap exp. skills! Root was especially hard for me as I typically find myself lacking in the RE and bin. exp. department(s). This machine forced me to re-learn (almost) everything from the ground up, and then start building my exploit from scratch.

Please keep making boxes :slight_smile:

It’s all the magic of @b14ckh34rt :wink:

@limbernie said:
By far my favorite box. I’m glad I went the intended way of getting root. It really forced me to get out of my comfort zone into the world of heaps and bins. Learned lots. Kudos to @MrR3boot and @b14ckh34rt. Thank you!

Mine too :wink:

@v01t4ic said:
[*] Switching to interactive mode# $ iduid=1000(observer) gid=1000(observer) euid=0(root) groups=1000(observer)

Glad you finished the Game without cheatcodes :wink:

IMAGE ALT TEXT HERE

Could someone give me a little nudge in the right direction to get past the 2FA?

I’m stuck at "Missing p*********" in a**/t***. Fuzzing/guessing for the missing stuff and trying to guess the payload gave me nothing so far.
I see others were stuck also at this, but I’m not connecting the dots from the hints.