Postman

Type your comment> @Nism0 said:

Type your comment> @Lytes said:

Can someone point me to the right directory to point the ss* key to?

KIndly PM

In which file keys should be placed? Think about how to do it trough vulnerable service r**is

Got it. Turned out I had the right directory from start but other users were overwriting my key, I wrote a script to speed up the process.

i found ik and i decrypt it and i got c8.Then I used it to login user M*** but it keeps saying Connection closed by 10.10.10.160 port **.

I just logged in with success. Are u sure you’re trying the right port? :>

I couldnt ss* into M***, I however found a way to get in. How to get root… Someone should kindly PM me an hint for root. Every clue I see seems to point at metaspl*** which I’m not familiar with (intentionally as I plan on getting OSCP soon)

got root. Pretty strange because of a vuln who give me user and root flag ! Feel free to PM if needed

(Quote)
I couldnt ss* into M***, I however found a way to get in. How to get root… Someone should kindly PM me an hint for root. Every clue I see seems to point at metaspl*** which I’m not familiar with (intentionally as I plan on getting OSCP soon)

If so many ways bring you to metasploit, maybe it is time to learn it :slight_smile:

I am trying to get an initial foothold using a certain redis.py, which interacts with redis & ssh.

Can anyone tell me if this is a rabit hole, and if not, please PM :slight_smile:

Rooted!
This box was a pain in the *** for me, because i keep trying the right things with so little mistakes, and i almost lost my mind. I don’t really liked it, but congrats to those who created it.
Big thanks to my fellows pro hackers @AzAxIaL and @secucyber for helping me out when i most needed.
Pm me if you need help. (my way was to root first and then got the user)

Just rooted the box. Can someone provide some guidance on how to do it without the easy tool if there is a way?

Type your comment> @ecilam said:

Just rooted the box. Can someone provide some guidance on how to do it without the easy tool if there is a way?

It depends what you mean by “easy tool”? If you mean msf - well, you could fire exploit manually. But to get the user, there’s no need for fancy tools. I did it manually.

rooted! thanks for the hints. initial foothold was hard, but user and root were easy.

root@Postman:~# id;hostname
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
Postman

For users who don’t know initial foothold service might be hard but it was interesting part in this box. You will learn a lot.

Later, i think PC was little bit puzzled.

Root is easy but, but waste a loooot of time to realize all info to get the root

Can anyone message me a nudge?

used nmap, nikto, dirbuster, and metasploit at this point. Cant figure out how to get the password for root.

Hi, I have accessed to the server with r**** user. I see that the user doesnt have permission to read the flags. Am I ok or I need to accesswith other user? You can write me dm.

Type your comment> @aaaguirrep said:

Hi, I have accessed to the server with r**** user. I see that the user doesnt have permission to read the flags. Am I ok or I need to accesswith other user? You can write me dm.

As with ANY HTB machine. If you manage to get access onto the box but can’t access the user.txt file then something more needs to be done.

Majority of the time it is that you need to priv esc somehow to the higher user in order to get the user.txt

Spoiler Removed

I’m currently trying to S** with M***. Got the key from i*_r*bk . but when I enter the passphrase I got a "Connection closed by 10.10.10.160 port 2" But this is supposed to work, right?
Is the box (on EU Free 1) in a invalid state. Is a reset needed?

Can someone with a spare few minutes message me so I can check a few things. Thanks

is anyone having 5 minutes to help me jumping on the train please? I for sure follow rabbit and mouse holes

Hi guys. Starting to work on this machine but got stucked on the very beggining. Already found the service I am suposed to exploit to get initail shell, but for it to work I need a username. How do you guys enumerate the usernames?

Many people got root with metasploit but Is there any way get root without metasploit?
I tried uname command and exploitdb privileges escalation but I didn’t work.

finaly rooted… thx 4 this box, like it. pm me if u need a nudge

Type your comment> @nuxmorpheus01 said:

Hi guys. Starting to work on this machine but got stucked on the very beggining. Already found the service I am suposed to exploit to get initail shell, but for it to work I need a username. How do you guys enumerate the usernames?

Maybe its the wrong exploit/service to use? Enumerate more. Maybe you stumble accross another service you can exploit.