OpenAdmin

Comments

• edited January 7

deleted

• Pretty cool box indeed. Made me think outside the box to get root; I was overthinking it but not as complex. Definitely liked it. For the user flag...once you get in, do a ton of enumeration of what you can access.

Hack The Box
    CISSP | eJPT

• Im Uber new and kinda stuck right now. Would anyone be willing to help me out? Not looking for handouts but perhaps a tete-a-tete I have been working on this box likely a lot longer than I should lol. Any help and guidance is appreciated!

• Definitely a fun box! I overthought it during some steps for sure but kept at it and everything was straight forward as soon as I decided I was going to use my brain. Can say I learned a good bit from it which is awesome.

Initial Foothold: Its all over google, play with it a bit and see what it gives you
    USER1: others have given good hints. however just enumerate and you will find what your looking for. probably the most painful part because of the "shell"
    USER2 : This is the part I overthought hardcore. I missed one very important thing. But Played with some basic networking commands to see what was running and it stuck out.
    ROOT : find a file, GTFO

Hack The Box

• Rooted :D
    Nice box. Finally I enjoy a box here! Now I am very motivated, thanks to the creator for this box, it helps me a lot to put in practice some IppSec and s4vitar teachings.

• Need help editing the script for the 47**1RCE

• It took me a long time to find the RCE for initial foothold but once I got some traction the whole box was really linear and quick. Great box for beginners and a fun one. Loved the classic bash.org reference. Thank you for a fun box!

PM me for nudges if you are stuck ;)

• Rooted this one last weekend, fun little box!
    Took a while to get the user but that was mostly due to the slow connection, once the traffic cleared up things went pretty smoothly.

Hack The Box

• Taking ssh access with user is not enough? Where do i find the user1.txt hash flag?

• Rooted. thx for user2 hint @seke :)
    Good box for learning thanks to the maker :)

• rooted, nice basic machine

• edited January 7
    [email protected]:~# id;hostname;date
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
    openadmin
    Tue Jan  7 10:44:45 UTC 2020

Initial was very fast. Box name is big hint
    User1: Took time to understand where to use my founds. Some rabbit hole took time
    User2: Don't fallow what do you see. Maybe some found the right password, but I used different way.
    Root: Very common root. There is no possible to give root hint without spoilers

Kirzaks

• got user and root after hours of being stuck on little things. feel free to pm me for help (no spoilers).

• I am able to get command execution using 4****.sh but unable to get any reverse shell commands to work. Any help would be appreciated.

• Rooted
    Thanks so much creators , it was my first machine and i learned many things my mind be bigger than before . it was very good and sp tnx to HTB team for developed such a nice service to shearing the knowledge and test the knowledge.

If you are thinking about it, it is good to know , i am doing it...

• Rooted (eventually) interesting box, clues here helped, you might have to look to see where interesting files may be being accessed or run from

Parttimesecguy

• Hey, can someone help me, I crashed, I can't climb privileges on the machine, can someone give me a hand or any tips?

• Type your comment> @neoconfig said:

Hey, can someone help me, I crashed, I can't climb privileges on the machine, can someone give me a hand or any tips?

you mean from user->root? there is no way to give hints without completely spoiling it. enumerate as usual and afterwards you will need gtfobins.

• @neoconfig said:
    Hey, can someone help me, I crashed, I can't climb privileges on the machine, can someone give me a hand or any tips?

@yeezybusta said:
    Type your comment> @neoconfig said:

you mean from user->root? there is no way to give hints without completely spoiling it. enumerate as usual and afterwards you will need gtfobins.

this is the problem, i don't know how i can enumerate, what are the sensitive files, or where are the passwords, i started now, and i don't know the way :cc

• Type your comment> @neoconfig said:

@neoconfig said:

@yeezybusta said:
    Type your comment> @neoconfig said:

this is the problem, i don't know how i can enumerate, what are the sensitive files, or where are the passwords, i started now, and i don't know the way :cc

search all files on the system for strings that you think would be important to find. ie: user, password, authenticate, usernames, etc

• rooted. All you need is basic enumeration skills and google.
    A straight and easy but fun box. Thank you the creator.

• Much fun :thumbsup:
    All good hints were already put here, but if you still need help - PM me!

• Type your comment> @up2nogood said:

yea.. idk .. I've read every line of every file you can get to in the www dir... there is no creds to be found.

maybe there's more than one "www" dir ...

• Type your comment> @SaltEngineer said:

I grabbed user.txt, but I'm struggling to find anything useful since the password I've got only gets me into ssh on j****a. Anyone able to point me in a good direction on gtfo? Everything I've checked has asked for creds.

Its very hard to do without it being a too-obvious spoiler.

I would suggest checking what your account is allowed to do, possibly by running as a different user, and then searching for ways to exploit that particular command.

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible!

Also: https://www.nohello.com/

• Type your comment> @LMAY75 said:

Need help editing the script for the 47**1RCE

It shouldnt need any changing - you can invoke it with a string saying where you want to attack.

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible!

• Spoiler Removed

• edited January 7

Easiest machine that has been released on HTB in quite a while. In truth, I'm thankful – I think it's very beneficial for the newcomers, even though some of the more seasoned users likely finished this very quickly. Even though I can't really say I learned anything, I still enjoyed doing this box; it was a nice change of pace for once.

Foothold: CVE. No modification required.

User: All I needed was grep and curl.

Root: GTFObins.

Hack The Box
    defarbs.com | Retired Machine Writeups! - "Let me just quote the late, great Colonel Sanders, who said, 'I'm too drunk... to taste this chicken.'”

• Type your comment> @farbs said:

Easiest machine that has been released on HTB in quite a while. In truth, I'm thankful – I think it's very beneficial for the newcomers, even though some of the more seasoned users likely finished this very quickly. Even though I can't really say I learned anything, I still enjoyed doing this box; it was a nice change of pace for once.

100% agree. It is nice to get a broader mix of difficulties and effort required.

I enjoyed this box. If I wasn't rubbish, I'd try to build boxes like this to submit.

TazWake

• Anybody else get an unresponsive $ shell when running the exploit? I took off --silent and it showed this...

$ id
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    100 397 100 271 100 126 108 50 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 159
    $

• edited January 7
    Great box. Learned something new.
    Thanks to @1xWiZARD for the nudge
Sign In to comment.