OpenAdmin

wonder what the unintended route was. 11 min first blood… dang!

Got initial shell … traversed around with ls and cat. I found a couple of config files but only managed to get my*** credentials… but other than that I’m stuck. Anyone can give me a nudge? Thanks.

@wazKoo Yeah me too!

Type your comment> @idomino said:

rooted the intended way now as well, it was a fun easy box, now another week wait for a new one :frowning:

Well done, ■■■■ your quick ?

How are y’all rooting this in 11min… yikes… i’m nearly an hour in and my nmap scan isn’t done…

I found the initial foothold… can someone PM how the heck it’s supposed to work? Just keeps giving me a $ sign and no shell. idk.

already on shell, but can’t acces directories with cd

Rooted, that was actually a pretty fun box. User was a bit more complicated than root.
foothold: /
user: if you find a pw try it, then do some curls
root: GTFO

i dont know where everybody found vulnerable version, ran directory searching found si*** , mu***, and ar***** but none is using any technology

yea… idk … I’ve read every line of every file you can get to in the www dir… there is no creds to be found.

and rooted!

Love this box, 99% user with a little initial foothold and a sharp root.

HMU for help!

Im interested in the unintended way to get root that is mentioned in some of the comments. A PM is very much appreciated.

Really nice box ! I’m available for hints in PM if needed :slight_smile:

Spoiler Removed

@IamKsNoob I Pmed you

Rooted, but I would also like to know the unintended way. User was fun, but root was way too easy. Feel free to DM if you need a hint!

Rooted, nice and fun box.

ISSUES:

• I didn’t find needed service page at first
  • The exploit didn’t work because I did not pay attention at the arguments parsed

LESSONS LEARNED:

• Try different wordlists while directory bruteforcing a webapp or pay attention to machine name, maybe you can find the service’s opensource page
  • Pay more attention to small things, re-check everything is in place when you are sure the exploit is meant to work

Although I do not really enjoy ctf like boxes, this was pretty enjoyable.

Type your comment> @5h1v4 said:

Msf doesn’t work? any leads?

Personally msf works for me, but if you have problems with it then try something else.

Nice and easy machine. Feel free to pm for a nudge

Overall a goof box for beginners. Got somewhat annoyed by slowness and other users breaking stuff. Spent a lot of time on a few brutes that should take seconds but took several minutes. Good that the uninteded root was fixed.

Foothold: stands out in enumeration, for me, took 30min to show up.
User1: Enumerate and find something which is usable because users are lazy
User2: Easy enumeration. You dont always have to follow rules already written
Root: hard to give a hint. Quite common in HTB.

Cryptic enough?