RE

@atr0pos said:

I’ve been struggling for a couple days to even get a foothold. It doesn’t matter what I try as a payload in the document, I cant get a response from the server. Anyone have any hints toward what to do for this upload?

What have you tried?

Hi @scud78
Thanks for your reply.
I tried that but the file doesn’t seem to stay in the smb share. Is there a particular file format to upload for it to stay in the share?

@Benny127 said:
Hi @scud78
Thanks for your reply.
I tried that but the file doesn’t seem to stay in the smb share. Is there a particular file format to upload for it to stay in the share?

Nope :slight_smile:

I have user but I am stuck on privesc if someone has a moment to give me a nudge, please pm. I see a couple things but not quite sure how to leverage them.

rooted with help of some great people. Happy new year

Finally rooted! Thanks to @v1p3r0u5 for helping me get through this.

This was the hardest one for me yet. The first part of the privesc was insane!

But overall really nice box! Thanks @0xdf for this amazing learning experience!

Rooted…
User part was quite easy, just craft your own payload manually, it is easier and it will work fine.
Root has so many steps and was not so clear. Thanks @v1p3r0u5 for helping me in this part.

@verdienansein said:
… just craft your own payload manually …

+1. If you don’t know how to make one manually it’s basically mandatory to build it from scratch. Never use a public exploit for something you haven’t already done yourself a hundred times. That is how you learn, and what separates the hackers from the skids :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @scud78 said:

@verdienansein said:

+1. If you don’t know how to make one manually it’s basically mandatory to build it from scratch. Never use a public exploit for something you haven’t already done yourself a hundred times. That is how you learn, and what separates the hackers from the skids :slight_smile:

Well said. This box is a monster if you aren’t able to rely on some of your own prior knowledge and capabilities. That being said, if you are a “newbie” and looking to give this box a try, I highly recommend looking into payload generation and python scripting. It will serve you wonders in the long run.

Type your comment> @farbs said:

@verdienansein said:

Well said. This box is a monster if you aren’t able to rely on some of your own prior knowledge and capabilities. That being said, if you are a “newbie” and looking to give this box a try, I highly recommend looking into payload generation and python scripting. It will serve you wonders in the long run.

do you have any good resources for this?

@H4ck3d5p4c3 said:

@verdienansein said:

There are tons of blogs and git repos about using Python for hackery things, and also books like Black Hat Python etc. However, you should 100% stay away from those in the beginning :stuck_out_tongue: Go through the tutorial on python.org, learn the basics, play around with the socket and os modules, and build some small snippets that automates your basic hacktivities. The reason I’m saying this is because if you start out using pwntools and impacket etc you’ll be handicapping yourself severely letting them hide the internals :slight_smile:

And for payloads, if talking macros specifically, the necessary skill isn’t how to build a type of macro that runs code, but how to read developer documentation on company websites :wink:

Type your comment> @H4ck3d5p4c3 said:

@verdienansein said:

3.12.0 Documentation is the authoritative source.

I’m navigating to http://10.10.10.144 and it shows the html telling that the actual site is in reblog.htb and after 2 seconds it redirects to reblog.htb, which dont exist.

For anyone else with a similar problem, remember this will rely on your hosts file.

@verdienansein said:

User part was quite easy, just craft your own payload manually, it is easier and it will work fine.

I agree but you can use the tool to create the framework. You just need to go in and change the important bit.

If you dont, it probably wont work.

sorted

This was a really hard but useful and instructive journey. Thanks for @0xdf for the box and @Chr0x6eOs for the hints in the root access phase.

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @bumika said:

Spoiler Removed

Interesting.

i am new to window box, this weird thing happen, any help?
i got the nt authority\system shell by p***U.ps1 already, but still cant read the root.txt, still access denied…
tried takeown, acacls, also no hope

@kkbear said:

i am new to window box, this weird thing happen, any help?
i got the nt authority\system shell by p***U.ps1 already, but still cant read the root.txt, still access denied…
tried takeown, acacls, also no hope

Look at other ways you can make a file unreadable in Windows.