Traverxec

Finally rooted!!!
Thank you very much for the root tips:

• GTFOBins
  • Size matters
    Do not be so stupid as I was…

1st machine…worked on it since Dec 7th…crazy. It was interesting, though. Thanks for all the messages here…good tips. The root came much quicker than user, for me. It just took a while to realize when you run the plain command from the script, the white highlighted area at the bottom acts like another prompt. Funny how that works.

Rooted. Wasn’t too difficult, especially with some of the help in this thread. One interesting thing; I never needed to use the information in the h******d file. Not sure if that’s a rabbit hole or another method of entry. Either way, fun box!

Feel free to PM if you need help.

Type your comment> @kkbear said:

Type your comment> @chiplet said:

I managed to get the credentials and get into the .tar file to get the key. I decrypted the key, but now I’m stuck. Any hints/tips as where I should go to next? I have both the credentials and the private key. Thanks!

with that key file name, pretty much only 1 place to go… just google the name…

This is my first box ever. I did ssh connect with my user instead of david… that was dumb xD thanks!

Is there a way to know when Traverxec will be retired or eliminated from active list of machines? Does this machine have a set date for that?

found foothold shell using m********T google is friendly

I certainly learn alot from this machine. Thanks @1xWiZARD, @emmycat, @xbforce and @phillarby for the nudges :slight_smile:

Thanks for the box! New and learning all I can! Got User and Root. No way I would have gotten Root without some of the hints here. I just spent forever reading the wrong manuals.

User: Not sure how it worked for others, but for me, the leap I needed actually came from reading the manual of common software that worked similarly to what I was attacking.

Root: This was a good review of the need to understand how options we might rarely use from commands we might use a lot can have serious security implications. Once you get it, it really does seem so simple.

Rooted, Big thanks @BugZ , @AzAxIaL , @kkbear for your help.
This box should be named magic or copperfield. The way we got into hidden folder or elevate priviledges to root looks like magic trick.
Learned something new about ssh

Finally got root. Felt super silly when I realized how close I was for awhile but missed one final step.

Type your comment> @casey said:

Type your comment> @stoffern said:

Can someone pm me how to crack creds. I know how to use them…

search for john or hashcat

thanks for the help and comments here

rooted just go small as you can for root part
now what’s the result of 40 * 5 ;D

I need some help for root.
I get back the same user shell when i do the G******s thing.

Finally figured out how to use John to crack the first password. Is it possible to break the other one?

Edit: Broke Both with John

i am new to htb. i got au*******_ys file and i***.p*b file but i am not getting a way to use it. can some one help ?

Hi,

i was trying to get user. i got the hidden stuff (the thing to crack and the thing required to crack). when i try to use op****l to crack it, keeps throwing errors. After playing around i was able to make it output, but the file comes in an incorrect format. Im usung 1.1.1 ver. Any nudges?

Could anyone pm me? just need that smaaaall nugde on the c*** file

I know what I’m supposed to do I just can’t seem to do it ■■■■

this was my first box on htb. got to learn a lot. Special thanks to @bumika and @kavishgr