Poison

Priv esc!! God damnit! I didn’t go with my gut lol.

@monkeychild said:

Did you get poisoned? :astonished:

lol something like that.

@monkeychild said:

Did you get poisoned? :astonished: > @monkeychild said:

lol something like that.

:tongue:

PLease give me a hint. I’ve extract zip and decode with some tool, but the result si unusable. I’d try to use it with the name of root user but without luck. Grrr… :smiley:

Man this box. I got root after a few hours trying different things. Over thinking things can be a ■■■■■ sometimes.

Can anyone please help with what to do with the file after extracting it? Feel free to PM me if you are so kind. :slight_smile:

@NinjaRockstar said:
Can anyone please help with what to do with the file after extracting it? Feel free to PM me if you are so kind. :slight_smile:

+1

I’d join @NinjaRockstar on that one, I’m totally lost. A hint in the right direction would be much appericiated.

-removed-

I too am having trouble determining what to do with this blasted file.

any one help i got gray screen how i can fix that :anguished:

That screen killing time.

@neomatrix248 said:
Having an issue with privesc. It looks like I successfully extracted the zip but it doesn’t appear to be useful for anything. Is it a distraction, or am I missing something?

I don’t see any other priv esc vectors after searching around the box for a while. Please pm me.

It is useful - look LOCALLY for what ports are open and then think of ways to get to them

unzipped and converted the text inside the file but can’t seem to figure out what to use it for. I’m seeing local open ports but stuck on trying to see how to use the file or even contents with the local ports

Everything needed is in here, y’all need to pay attention to what you see.

Just like the song , said no one ever

need help. I don’t find the file

Need help on getting into the box. Can someone give me a hint ?

I am able to see the passwd file in the system and struggle to proceed from there. is ssh brute force required for this challenge?