AI

Finally got this one rooted. This box was a huge pain, even when you know what needs to be done. As others have said, don’t even bother with offline tts (I was not able to get the celebrated recommendation to be recognized properly). I ended up getting it to work with an online tts demo from a well known company. it’s elementary my dear :wink:

Root was very interesting and can be done manually, or via a script, but there are a few quirks about the process.

Thanks to @blaudoom and @MrR3boot for the sanity checks along the way.

Finally rooted!
It was a real pain in the a**.

I have mixed feelings for this box. I’m not sure if I love it, hate it to both @MrR3boot and the box it self.

Thanks to @MrR3boot for this challenge and @bumika and @rholas for all the help!

I just got root. Painful box, The only thing that I learnt that box is patient. Try again, try again, try again. Unstable exploits, a bit guessing, broken implementation. Painful ever box in HTB.

If need help, you can ask in pm.

Is the word inf*n being replaced by in4 ?
If so, does that mean we are supposed to do the ***i without the scheme ?

Just by guessing ?

for root which process/vuln to look into … from lin**p****.py got m__ld vuln is that the one ??

anyone getting connection refused error with jw**-*******.py ???

lol I legit have no idea how to even touch this box.
Played with the AI for a while. Got as much info as I could off the source.
/shrug brain bender

Thank you @MrR3boot for this unusual box.

It is an awesome idea to use a voice interface … but it drove me crazy. The steps to root we very interesting. I learned a lot about the cat and I enjoyed my research.

Thank you to @davihack and @m4rc1n for the nudge in the right direction.

this box is absolutely the worst box to get root on. Trash timing thing, and the breaking flag isn’t working either.

rooted now. The initial foothold was quite cool in my opinion. Sure it’s just CTF style but it was something new, and out of the box for sure. I liked that, and it’s well thought out in my opinion. Good job on that @MrR3boot .

but yeah, i got frustrated fighting with the timing. I think if the timing would have been more often, then i would have gotten less frustrated. It’s too long to sit and wait for my taste.

Whatever, I know it’s not easy to make a box [I wouldn’t even know where to start] so thanks for the box :slight_smile:

@Fr0sty9 said:
rooted now. The initial foothold was quite cool in my opinion. Sure it’s just CTF style but it was something new, and out of the box for sure. I liked that, and it’s well thought out in my opinion. Good job on that @MrR3boot .

but yeah, i got frustrated fighting with the timing. I think if the timing would have been more often, then i would have gotten less frustrated. It’s too long to sit and wait for my taste.

Whatever, I know it’s not easy to make a box [I wouldn’t even know where to start] so thanks for the box :slight_smile:

Well for the people who don’t really understand the whole concept and trying things randomly it’s pure painful box. Based on bloods you could see how easy and fun it was. It’s all about finding right tool and be precise again very precise what you type there.

About timing you are saying if you well aware of that thing you can find a class which loads very often (5-6 seconds) and again it’s about scripts you choose to get shell that makes it uncomfortable. Still unsatisfied please dm.

sound, spoken words are interpreted, heard differently (by computer programs too) - it is problem

Hi all, first machine I’m reaching out for help on!
I’ve managed to extract some information from AI but am currently failing to extract complete information, I’m missing one vital information due to the fact that the AI fails to understand my input.

Anyone willing to give a hint on how to proceed?

Type your comment> @3ken45 said:

Hi all, first machine I’m reaching out for help on!
I’ve managed to extract some information from AI but am currently failing to extract complete information, I’m missing one vital information due to the fact that the AI fails to understand my input.

Anyone willing to give a hint on how to proceed?

You may try to change the speed or insert longer break.

Yeah, the AI is picky on the input I sure have noticed that during my last 2 days of generating audio files…

I will reveal more detailed information about my findings in PM if anyone is willing to provide more detailed help. I feel I’m at the finish line but fails on the last step…

Finally rooted this box!

This was by far the most time consuming box I’ve taken on so far!

The last step of user was the hardest!

Thanks goes to @n3b0r and @bumika

My tips for user: start small and get that working and slowly expand in tiny steps.

Got user. Reset the box if the obvious answer isn’t working - somebody had changed credentials on me.

Hi Eli, great you got the flag.

I really agree about the problem that users change passwords on the machines. I spent some hours in vain on the silicon valley themed machine. Not so sure on how to make this stop happening since when users get high privs on the machine they can do anything.

Maybe something someone within the community has a solution for?

User was the longest struggle of trying to find the right tool for the job, and then arbitrarily guessing at common things. Not my favorite box. Root was neat though. Pretty quick find.