RE

Can whoever it is stop bringing the server to its knees? I’m sure zip-bombs are fun and all, if that’s what you’re doing, but we’re at least three people on there right now and two of us are getting pissed off…

Hi all,
I managed to find the SMB share but I can’t find a way to upload files in it. How can I do it?
Thanks,

@Benny127 said:
Hi all,
I managed to find the SMB share but I can’t find a way to upload files in it. How can I do it?
Thanks,

smbclient //10.10.10.144/<name of share> and then just put <filename>

Hello guys,
I think I suck at hacking, someone can PM with some sort of hint?
I don’t know what is this blog you guys are telling to read, I only found the open ports, the site redirects to nowhere, the other port I can connect without credentials but cant upload files, so I think I’m missing something here?
Any hint on how to followup or tool I can use will be very appreciate.
Happy new year to you all!

Type your comment> @MarioOlofo said:

Hello guys,
I don’t know what is this blog you guys are telling to read, I only found the open ports, the site redirects to nowhere, the other port I can connect without credentials but cant upload files, so I think I’m missing something here?

my problem exactly, surfing to the website by IP redirects to the blog url which doesn’t load!
it’s driving me crazy

Edit: It simply worked on its own O_o

Type your comment> @init5 said:

Hello guys,

my problem exactly, surfing to the website by IP redirects to the blog url which doesn’t load!
it’s driving me crazy

Hmm so the blog exists, I’ll keep refreshing to see if I can access it too, thanks =)

@MarioOlofo said:

Hello guys,

it’s driving me crazy

Hmm so the blog exists, I’ll keep refreshing to see if I can access it too, thanks =)

Where are you navigating to? Where is it redirecting to? What is the error? Can you do something to make one act as the other?

Type your comment> @scud78 said:

@MarioOlofo said:

Hello guys,

it’s driving me crazy

Where are you navigating to? Where is it redirecting to? What is the error? Can you do something to make one act as the other?

I’m navigating to http://10.10.10.144 and it shows the html telling that the actual site is in reblog.htb and after 2 seconds it redirects to reblog.htb, which dont exist.

edit: and I don’t think I can make one act as the other… =/

edit2: thank you for the hint, indeed I can make one act as the other :wink:

Finally rooted the ■■■■ thing. After trying to do it the “intended” way for too many hours I got grumpy. Using my initial foothold I popped a service account and used it to get a SYSTEM shell. From there I just snagged the identity I needed and grabbed the root-flag using it.

Looking at the stuff running it’s obvious why I couldn’t slip my stuff in the way I intended, the “upstream processing” would only be built that way by someone completely insane :smiley:

@0xdf You forgot 1924 :slight_smile:

I’ve been struggling for a couple days to even get a foothold. It doesn’t matter what I try as a payload in the document, I cant get a response from the server. Anyone have any hints toward what to do for this upload?

@atr0pos said:

I’ve been struggling for a couple days to even get a foothold. It doesn’t matter what I try as a payload in the document, I cant get a response from the server. Anyone have any hints toward what to do for this upload?

What have you tried?

Hi @scud78
Thanks for your reply.
I tried that but the file doesn’t seem to stay in the smb share. Is there a particular file format to upload for it to stay in the share?

@Benny127 said:
Hi @scud78
Thanks for your reply.
I tried that but the file doesn’t seem to stay in the smb share. Is there a particular file format to upload for it to stay in the share?

Nope :slight_smile:

I have user but I am stuck on privesc if someone has a moment to give me a nudge, please pm. I see a couple things but not quite sure how to leverage them.

rooted with help of some great people. Happy new year

Finally rooted! Thanks to @v1p3r0u5 for helping me get through this.

This was the hardest one for me yet. The first part of the privesc was insane!

But overall really nice box! Thanks @0xdf for this amazing learning experience!

Rooted…
User part was quite easy, just craft your own payload manually, it is easier and it will work fine.
Root has so many steps and was not so clear. Thanks @v1p3r0u5 for helping me in this part.

@verdienansein said:
… just craft your own payload manually …

+1. If you don’t know how to make one manually it’s basically mandatory to build it from scratch. Never use a public exploit for something you haven’t already done yourself a hundred times. That is how you learn, and what separates the hackers from the skids :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @scud78 said:

@verdienansein said:
… just craft your own payload manually …

+1. If you don’t know how to make one manually it’s basically mandatory to build it from scratch. Never use a public exploit for something you haven’t already done yourself a hundred times. That is how you learn, and what separates the hackers from the skids :slight_smile:

Well said. This box is a monster if you aren’t able to rely on some of your own prior knowledge and capabilities. That being said, if you are a “newbie” and looking to give this box a try, I highly recommend looking into payload generation and python scripting. It will serve you wonders in the long run.