Control

I can’t see the forest for the trees on this particular box. Any hint for user besides what @rholas has hinted. I am aware of erm…CRUD referenced in header

I am lost, not able to access any weblink, access denied header missing. Any suggestions ?

Anyone got anything going on foothold? I see the php files mentioned, don’t know where to go from here…

can anyone help me i have an idea what to do for user but i am not able to upload my shell. anyone can PM me…

i am at a point where i think i need to upgrade something that allows files to be written. Am i on the right track ?

Just completed machine. I did user a few weeks ago, but root was kind of postponed till today. Before starting root part I read forum very carefully, cause I knew that it would be something tricky (taking first root blood took quite some time).
Machine is very nice. User quite easy, but root brought something really new for me. I will not add more hints, cause there are enough here already, just wanted to say well done author!

can I have a hint for root?

Hey Guys I am stuck for initial shell. Got Credential but cannot find a way to use it. Can anyone help me out :slight_smile:
nvm: got user → he*** shell on the way to root :frowning:

Just got user!
Except for one small thing that I didn’t know it was pretty straight forward.

Now onto root.
Edit: Got root. Pretty hard box…
Thanks to @rholas and @v01t4ic for helping me with this one.

finally I got it thanks rholas and clubby789 for hint

Guys, pls share some hints for root flag, after weeks of hard-work i got user shell.

edit: got user flag :slight_smile:

Can someone provide a hint on user? Currently stuck on the Access Denied message.

Nevermind, I got it,

Thanks!

Can anyone PM hints on root? I’m looking at the PS history and not sure what to do with it. I have a vague idea of services and permissions, but nothing concrete.

Got root. PM if you need help.

Got passed first step, learned some cool techniques. Fun box thus far! Struggling to get user, I feel like i know what direction I need to go but could use a little nudge and maybe some sleep lol.
EDIT: User took me 4 days. On to root.

Any suggestions on exploiting the access the user has? I know in general what to modify, but not how which of the many thing I have access to, or how to “activate” it or kick off the changes.
Thanks!

Stuck on root. I don’t know how to restart what i need to execute what i want. Seems nothing can be restarted. Any hints?

Finally got root, but more through trial and error than anything else. Could anyone else PM their enumeration process for the vulnerable service? Not sure if there’s a systematic way people are finding it or just luck/bruteforce.

Type your comment> @ssklash said:

Finally got root, but more through trial and error than anything else. Could anyone else PM their enumeration process for the vulnerable service? Not sure if there’s a systematic way people are finding it or just luck/bruteforce.

Me too. Although I can write a pseudo script which can find that service, and I have found the instructions which are needed for the implementation, but I have no practice in Powershell.

The privilege escalation phase (including discovery) is superb. Thanks @TRX.