PlayerTwo

Comments

• Type your comment

• How to start pwning root binary? Usually i find bof, but for this bin i did not found anything like that. I am trying to find any leak or place where i can write input, but i just dont see any weak spot.
    Can someone send article explaining how to find weak spot in this bin? I dont know what to google.

• Type your comment> @dontknow said:

How to start pwning root binary? Usually i find bof, but for this bin i did not found anything like that. I am trying to find any leak or place where i can write input, but i just dont see any weak spot.
    Can someone send article explaining how to find weak spot in this bin? I dont know what to google.

I'm stuck on the binary as well, can't get pwndbg show me the thing I want to exploit. If somebody reads this and know about gdb/pwndbg/pwntools please DM me...

• edited December 2019

So, think I'm on the right track with the service. Making a request, but now getting Call to undefined function? I'm literally following the example in the documentation? So what am i doing wrong if we don't need more than that?

EDIT: Figured it out was not sending the right variable, but again... I was following the Documentation example to the letter... so little puzzled by this one

virtualgoth
    OSCP | Cert II IT

• Type your comment> @virtualgoth said:

So, think I'm on the right track with the service. Making a request, but now getting Call to undefined function? I'm literally following the example in the documentation? So what am i doing wrong if we don't need more than that?

EDIT: Figured it out was not sending the right variable, but again... I was following the Documentation example to the letter... so little puzzled by this one

I was with you on that one, they referred to the element inside the definition in the example.

• got user , did not find any binary

Hack The Box

• Type your comment> @hackerB31 said:

Type your comment> @vrls said:

Type your comment> @menessim said:

@vrls said:
    2FA is pretty obscure now... I will assume that since there is no limit, it is possible to run a brute-force... although it has a time frame

Dont bruteforce the 2fa.

If the 2FA mechanism is properly implemented it wouldn't be possible, however, im getting a "constant" page on 2FA which made me believe the validity of tokens wasnt properly configured.

EDIT: nvm I just reached /a**/***p right now, not sure if this is the correct approach tho

reached the same location too, but stuck with getting 'invalid action' or server errors... is this a rabbit hole?

EDIT: 'doh! finding the missing param was so obvious that I ignored trying it early on. Goes to show that you should enumerate all possibilities and not assume anything (;

So you need an "action" and some parameters? I really don't understand how to validate the format of the request is correct. Seems I can supply any value for action. What's the best way to approach this, other than being psychic?

virtualgoth
    OSCP | Cert II IT

• Type your comment> @virtualgoth said:

Type your comment> @hackerB31 said:

Type your comment> @vrls said:

Type your comment> @menessim said:

@vrls said:
    2FA is pretty obscure now... I will assume that since there is no limit, it is possible to run a brute-force... although it has a time frame

Dont bruteforce the 2fa.

If the 2FA mechanism is properly implemented it wouldn't be possible, however, im getting a "constant" page on 2FA which made me believe the validity of tokens wasnt properly configured.

EDIT: nvm I just reached /a**/***p right now, not sure if this is the correct approach tho

reached the same location too, but stuck with getting 'invalid action' or server errors... is this a rabbit hole?

EDIT: 'doh! finding the missing param was so obvious that I ignored trying it early on. Goes to show that you should enumerate all possibilities and not assume anything (;

So you need an "action" and some parameters? I really don't understand how to validate the format of the request is correct. Seems I can supply any value for action. What's the best way to approach this, other than being psychic?

SAME ISSUE HERE. I fuzzed like 8K of words, plus all the ones like backup, SMS, OTP, TOTP, blah blah blah. I know I will feel stupid once I get past it, but I have searched on actions for TOTP to no avail.

• edited December 2019

I get error:
    double free or corruption (!prev)

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

maybe way to root?

• edited December 2019

Getting some error 500 on /v**** normal behavior ?

Is ok :)

• Sweet Jesus. can someone please give me a hand with curling. I think i have all the information but I am clearly not putting it together correctly! Documentation isn't really helping me either :)

Hack The Box

• enumerated the credentials but stuck at 2FA... is /a*i/t**p involved in the process to pass over 2FA?

c4rl3tt0

• Type your comment> @c4rl3tt0 said:

enumerated the credentials but stuck at 2FA... is /a*i/t**p involved in the process to pass over 2FA?

Yes it is.

• Shell to user :/ No so simple :(

• edited December 2019

Okay, on root binary I've got a..

Segmentation fault
    sh: 2: 2: not found

• Type your comment> @v01t4ic said:
    > Okay, on root binary I've got a..
    >
    > Segmentation faultsh: 2: 2: not found

after almost a week of reading and experimenting, I finally arrived at the same conditions as you.
  • Rooted :)
    Very cool box! Awesome !

• edited December 2019

Since the only other binexp I've ever done was the simple buffer overflow in Safe, this root has been a wild ride and intense learning experience. But after reading through countless articles about the relevant internals of glibc and exploitation techniques, trying to reproduce them, and failing a lot, I managed to root this beast :)

[email protected]:/#

Thank you @MrR3boot and @b14ckh34rt for this great box, and special thanks to @will135 and FizzBuzz101 (from the discord) for the recommendations on where to start reading about things :)

• edited December 2019

Okay, so I have read the hint for this forum, and I have read the manual for t**** multiple times and tried for few days. still no clue how to get the .p**** file in the hint. I kinda know how the file works based on the manual, but I couldn't find the file.

How do you guys know where is the file located? I'm really lost at this because no matter what path I try, it always return "bad route" aka 404 error. Thanks

• Finally got user after way too much time over complicating the upload bit. K.I.S.S.
    On to root...

OSCP, SSCP
    seekorswim

• Can anyone help me with OTP I keep getting {"error":"Invalid Session"} Please PM me if you can help :)

Hack The Box

• edited December 2019

Anyone for a nudge to o******r? I have a shell as w******a but looking for a way to upgrade. Unintended ways have been patched apparently

never mind, got it... totally not realistic, but anyway...

• edited December 2019

Finally rooted this one!
    What a journey, guys.
    Root was super cool and hard but I learnt a lot about heap exploitation.
    Special thanks to @idomino for the support!

Hack The Box

• > @idomino said:
    > Since the only other binexp I've ever done was the simple buffer overflow in Safe, this root has been a wild ride and intense learning experience. But after reading through countless articles about the relevant internals of glibc and exploitation techniques, trying to reproduce them, and failing a lot, I managed to root this beast :)
    >
    > [email protected]:/#
    >
    > Thank you @MrR3boot and @b14ckh34rt for this great box, and special thanks to @will135 and FizzBuzz101 (from the discord) for the recommendations on where to start reading about things :)

Well done ;)

MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

• > @theart42 said:
    > Anyone for a nudge to o******r? I have a shell as w******a but looking for a way to upgrade. Unintended ways have been patched apparently
    >
    > never mind, got it... totally not realistic, but anyway...

Can u pm about thing you felt unreal.

MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

• Type your comment> @nemen said:

Type your comment> @Mandarzx said:

i am stuck at the starting image

enumerates the world

great nudge.

• Type your comment> @theart42 said:

Anyone for a nudge to o******r? I have a shell as w******a but looking for a way to upgrade. Unintended ways have been patched apparently

never mind, got it... totally not realistic, but anyway...

Same problem here, any hint for that?

• edited December 2019

Hi guys. the upload page seems doesn't work. i can't upload frimware file. verify.php seems has a problem.
    @MrR3boot @b14ckh34rt

• Type your comment

• Type your comment> @aleeamini said:

Hi guys. the upload page seems doesn't work. i can't upload frimware file. verify.php seems has a problem.
    @MrR3boot @b14ckh34rt

Had the same issue yesterday, a reset fixed it.

Sign In to comment.