Traverxec

Im new in hack the box, could some one that rooted this help me a bit (PM) , got the shell access to box and found some interesting files, but now totally stuck with them

Hi,
i am stuck on root for the complete day now. I know that is is about the last line in s****-s***.sh, but i cannot figure out what to do.
All i tried is resulting in the request for sudo password. So i guess its only about the last part of the line.
Can anybody give me a hint ?

Thx !

cant work on this machine it gives me time out and port 80 is getting down by the DDOS attacks … why people use DDOS in HTB at all?

whoami

root

wow what a ride learned a lot about linux privileges escalation

How do you crack the hash for d****? The shadow file doesn’t have the permissions. Do you just try to bruteforce the hash with john? I tried that, but it takes a lot of time.

Rooted, learned a lot from this box.

wow, finally rooted. But tbh i dont know why this works.

If anyone can enlighten me would be great !

Rooted! Im not going to pretend that I could have figured this out without the forums, however, this forum does a pretty squared away job of explaining ROOT.

Hint:
USER: Don’t spend hours of the creds you find early on. Focus on figuring out what that special directory is and make the info your own. Once you get that info ie: K** for SSH, go make yourself USER.

ROOT: No idea how the mechanics work, must just be an ugly bug, regardless, I never left the USER directory, everything you need is somewhere under there. (LESS is a fabulous hint from others and GTFObins is exactly what worked for me. DONT ONLY FOCUS on one topic in GTFObins.
NOTE I hate being this cryptic, message me if you want some assistance! Thanks!

resuelto

na

deleted

Rooted! :slight_smile: Tell me if i can help you

Rooted! :slight_smile:

borrado

need a nudge on trying to get root ive found the .sh and i know i need to use **ss but im not sure how to get it there
edit : nvm rooted!!!

Ok got the user it was so frustrating

Been stuck in finding root for days, found the .sh file , read the contents, read all the forum hints and the manual. Still have no idea what am i supposed to do or look for.
Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Type your comment> @IamKsNoob said:

Been stuck in finding root for days, found the .sh file , read the contents, read all the forum hints and the manual. Still have no idea what am i supposed to do or look for.
Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Just send a PM for me.

Hi guys i need help with the ssh key… i dont have any idea how to use it :((

Hi all,
i’ve got a shell and the user creds. I’ve read the man page and notice that h**e directories could be accessibles with the browser. I just need to use the creds to authenticate. I’m about to use burp to see what’s going on. Am i on the right path or is it a rabbit hole?