Postman

Finally got root.
My tips:

• get a good foothold;
  • learn how to use rā€¦ when u find it;
  • u dont need the u*** at allā€¦ only to get the hash for it.

pwnd

Please reset this box , looks like a team has modified the permissions

Rooted

initial: enum and see how the unprotected service can be abused (try kali cookbook)
user: permissions are important while creating backups
root: just run the module (dont forget ssl)

PM if you need hints

Hello
I got the intial shell, tring to get user.
i found a file i*_***.**k, and when i tried to connect to ssh i get :
Connection closed by 10.10.10.160 port 22.
is what im doing wrong, or something wrong with the machine(cant reset it)?

Type your comment> @Awby said:

Hello
I got the intial shell, tring to get user.
i found a file i*_***.**k, and when i tried to connect to ssh i get :
Connection closed by 10.10.10.160 port 22.
is what im doing wrong, or something wrong with the machine(cant reset it)?

Everything is OK both with you and with the machine. :slight_smile:

iā€™m trying this one as my first boxā€¦ wish me gl!

Hey,
New user here.

I managed to get a shell via S** with r**** and found the i*_***.**k .
However i did not manage to decrypt itā€¦ i think i miss the essential knowledge and toolā€¦
I am glad for any nudge.

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @ghost5egy said:

READONLY You canā€™t write against a read only slave.
I got this message when trying to exploit ***

please edit your messageā€¦

Type your comment> @blackdev1l said:

(Quote)

Why?

Type your comment> @blackdev1l said:

(Quote)

Why?

itā€™s a spoiler.

I know that you have to exploit r***s, but I canā€™t get the scripts to work. Iā€™ve pulled up a few automated scripts and they just ask for the ssh password. Can anyone give me a nudge? btw I used scripts from Kali Cookbook.

Can someone PM me, please? I have trouble getting the shellā€¦ I know what I have to do, but Iā€™m doing something wrong and donā€™t know what is it

~~I can not figure this out. Second box ever but I know where I want to go, Iā€™ve found several exploits but they donā€™t work because the M****** command is missing from r**** and at least 2 articles detailing different manual/semi manual ways to get there but nothing is working. One of the ways Iā€™ve tried is to upload ssh keys to a certain users directory through r**** but when I try to use them to connect it keeps telling me my key is wrong. ~~

Any nudges or help would be appreciated because after a whole day on this I donā€™t think Iā€™m getting further as it is.

Edit: I am so unbelievably silly. Lesson learned. Take breaks.

Finally did it, rooted! Was missing the obvious, so annoying when that happens. Still, great box, really enjoyed the journey, thanks @TheCyberGeek

Hey,
Which one could give me a clue about the u******* to use for S** when I injected my k** via R***s?

Iā€™ve been blocking for a week nowā€¦

EDIT : Okā€¦ now itā€™s work i donā€™t know how ā€¦

EDIT : ā– ā– ā– ā–  me i m so tard ā€¦

EDIT : Rootedā€¦

Could anyone reset the machine? It says Iā€™ve reached the limit for today. I owned user and cannot get access anymore now due to someone breaking r***s.

rooted :slight_smile:
I didnā€™t manage to get the m thing to run for root so I crafted my own h***-r******. Maybe someone wants to share their way via PM? I never use the m thing, because it never works for me. Maybe there is something wrong with my installation?
Cheers!

Rooted! Thank you for all the support!
Thereā€™s really plenty of information to solve this challenge in the comments. Probably too much.

What took me so much time was the inconsistency of the ā€œmagic valueā€ youā€™re able to retrieve.
It doesnā€™t work for the most obvious thing youā€™d think it works, you need a workaround but that in the end isnā€™t even necessary.

Then, thereā€™s a service that you could not exploit before but now you can, however the ā€œmagic valueā€ wasnā€™t working for me and I tried it multiple times. So I just left it as is and tried other paths.

In the end Iā€™m happy with the experience, happy with my first hacked box, however I also lost too much time on really trivial things :stuck_out_tongue: