Resolute

EDIT problem solved, was me being stupid.

Need a small nudge finding second user…
Been scouring C:\ for sometime now but still no luck.

If you need some nudges, DM me for a quick response.

after enum found this credentials : m****:W*******
how can i use these to get user ???
smb refuses connection with these
am brand new here

Done!

user: pretty easy after a small enum with basics and some try…
evil-winrm is really your friend
root: …oh sh*t , hard or not? if you know “who are you?” and know tools on the system to live with your “power” then easier to build-, and use your self stuff. If not, then ask a nudge and learn as me did it Thanks @bertalting , @doctoreleven , @tekkenpc :smiley:

thanks for this great machine :slight_smile:

DM me if you need nudge too

Type your comment> @marcandrer said:

@mike008 said:

Should we be able to restart the D** service as user R***? Do we need to do that to trigger the exploit? I think I have everything right but running into access denied when restarting - just making sure I am doing the right thing. Think the box might be hoarked/fubared but looking for validation.

Yes, I’ve been able to stop/start the D** service with user R***.

Is it so? I was under impression that the service was restarted in a given intervals.

the AV is very irritating. I tried many B****s tecnique, with no luck

Cannot get dll to work. I can see that windows is reaching for it but nothing happens next. I used binary from venom. Is there a simple way to get correct dll without crafting it? help please!

upd. got root. the issue was not the dll but the impacket. somehow got it work

Type your comment> @rheaalleen said:

Rooted

User: You have one password, try to get it working. Something evil happens when SysAdmins are lazy. Then go to the roots and force your way in

Root: You will find what you will abuse. After that I´ll say following: The file you will use can be remotely or on the machine. For the second way it doesn’t matter where it is but you have to make it by yourself or the AV will nuke it, poison doesn’t work.
If you go by the remote path trust in impacket and his servers before you use a native tool. As bonus you will see with impacket if it really gets contacted and you will know that the file is on his way to the machine

any further explanation for root part ?

Finally got Root!
But ■■■■ that Anti-Virus is a pain.
Thanks to @rholas @mimorikay

Hack The Box

Managed to get in with the user creds but as a linux guy (the reason I have been trying to focus on windows boxes) I am having a lot of trouble moving over to R*** I see he is in the C********** group and I assume that gives me more privs. So any PM’s welcome for any good tools or scripts that might help me enum and figure out the next steps. Or even a nudge in the right direction. All the scripts I have tried seem to get permission denied everywhere…

How did you guys bypass the defender ? I’m on the r… account to elevate the access but for some reason couldn’t find a way to even execute sharphound as it gets deleted automatically by the defender (AMSI).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

PS: Finally got the root, I was focusing too much on bypassing the defender where it wasn’t even needed. Hope this hint helps to others.

I need a nudge to get going. I think I found the first password (I have an incredibly hard time believing anyone would actually put a password there) but I have no idea how to use it. I’ve tried using evi*-w**** but it requires a username that I have no idea how to find. Anyone wants to message me and help me out?

Type your comment> @m4rc1n said:

Type your comment> @marcandrer said:

@mike008 said:

Should we be able to restart the D** service as user R***? Do we need to do that to trigger the exploit? I think I have everything right but running into access denied when restarting - just making sure I am doing the right thing. Think the box might be hoarked/fubared but looking for validation.

Yes, I’ve been able to stop/start the D** service with user R***.

Is it so? I was under impression that the service was restarted in a given intervals.

Thx @sassuwunnu, for the correct commands. It was restarted. Now to figure out why it is not pulling the dll from my sb server using i*****t.

Also thx @FatPotato.

Rooted. Had to try harder I guess.

Need some help!
Started doing this box, nmap`d every port but havent found anything useful.
Tried various impacket scripts and still nothing.

Am i missing something
A hint would be appreciated!

UPD: got many users, but no passwords were found.

Can someone give me a nudge, I got the user flag, but now I’m stuck and I can’t find anything useful on the file system.

Did anyone else get errors using E***-W****? using M**** and his PWD.

the AV bypass is a pain in the ■■■■, any hints on how to do it would be great! :slight_smile:

Hi, new user here, trying to learn, I found a user name and a password, but having difficulty from here, does anyone have a walkthrough they could PM?
Many thanks/

I’m stuck on the e***-W**** syntax I think. i have the r*** and i have the W***** but no matter how I format the command, it doesn’t show me any love. tried on standard and non-standard ports with -i 10.10.10.169 -u \r*** -p ‘W*******’ -P (for any non-standard port). Being a windows guy, I’m trying to do this all from my Linux box so I can force myself to learn, but I never quite know what is case sensitive and what requires the ’