Postman

Great box! I got User and Root at the same time, so would be interested to hear how others did priv esc from inital shell :slight_smile: thanks @TheCyberGeek

Just rooted. Honestly to sum up this box:
enumerate then go through steps in the many walkthrus for the service.
There are a bunch guides/exploits all over the place. All you have to do is pick the right one for this service.
From there a common place to check on the box should point you in the right direction to go. Follow it all the way through and remember if one way is blocked that you already had your foot in the door. Couple this with poor user behavior/management and the use of a recent-ish vuln makes it extremely easy to privesc to root.

PM if you any help :slight_smile:

Rooted. Thanks @alesawe for getting me over the last hump.

Rooted.
This is my first box. I got a lot of information to think about. It was an exciting task. Thank you so much @N0tAC0p. I got valuable tips and tricks.
Thanks also to all those who wrote tips on going through this topic. I read all the posts related to the Postman box. And that also helped me.

Someone change the permission can’t write anything ???

WTF and resent reached to it’s mix limit ??

kindly don’t play with the permission :confused:

Think I am on the right track, I have modified a r**** exploit, although I don’t have a username. Any help appreciated, PM is fine also.

Rooted!

Fun box, user is way harder than root in my opinion. I didn’t use anything from metasploit to get initial shell, but I also didn’t come up with a script myself.

Lots and lots of research and trialling different exploits. Everything else falls into place once you get the shell.

PM me for any questions / hints.

ROOTED!

Hi everyone, finally I’m here again after a long absence!
I’m honest: I didn’t really like this machine, but I still want to thank @TheCyberGeek because I learned something new about r**** with this box!

Here are my hints

• Foothold: enumerate and search the web for information about services you found. There is an article that explain step by step how to exploit one of these services and get a foothold into the box

• Exploitaiton: You have to look for something interesting that you can access, then you can use some tools to extract information from it

• User & Root flags: Don’t know if it was intended but exploiting a common vulnerability I got both of them at the same time (with information from the previous step)

Hack The Box

PM me if you need help!

Got root.

I think the best tip that I can give to someone - don’t overcomplicate it. It’s simpler than you are thinking it is.
Thanks to @Achille for giving me tip, when I was knocking my head against a wall.

Deleted

Service is unavailable and max resets reached for the day already, argh. Would someone with root mind giving the initial foothold service a kick please?

I finally got root! A very interesting machine!

r*** was pretty straightforward, but for u***, it took me some time to get it. I didn’t knew that re*** was that dangerous!

If you need a hint, just ping me via PM.

Rooted, definitely scraping the rust off of not doing this for a while lol. If anyone needs help, feel free to msg me!

Rooted, first user and root! Thanks @zweeden for a few nudges in the right direction.

It was fun! Thanks @inetshell for a hint and @TheCyberGeek for the challenge!

Got this one last night. To those who say TLS/SSL makes this difficult, the reality is most tools have knobs and dials that let you selectively turn encryption and cert validation on or off.

i got user but after that i tried using wn_p***p_r** on [M] but it only return “Failed to retrieve session cookie” so i’d be very appreciated for any help if im on the right track or not.
edit : nvm forget to SSL :)))

I can’t get a shell!!! I used a modificated script with r*** but all time say me Permission denied in the ssh… I don’t know why.