Traverxec

I’m still www-data, but I have found the h… password and n…password. But they dont work trying to ssh or logging in as David. Anyone with a hint on what to try next ?

Got it!
Thanks a lot to @Nopply for a lot help, very nice man :slight_smile:

need help ive cracked the files within the secret place and still cant get user

@Equity said:
need help ive cracked the files within the secret place and still cant get user

never mind got it

Got initial foothold so fast i thought the rest would be a walk in the park, and then proceeded to banging my head against user for a looong time, and finally got it thanks to a few gentle nudges from @Tellico.

Root was so easy i was making it much harder by trying all kinds of things. Finally got it while putting the kids to bed :slight_smile:

Fun, educational, and rather clever box. thanks for making it.

Got user, but now stuck on root. I can see the obvious line in file to use to exploit, but don’t know how to use it. Any hints would be appreciated.

Finally got it thanks to @dialm

I’m stuck on user. I got the credentials for d**** and got the hint from this thread to read the n***o.c but I don’t know how to advance now. I’d be grateful if someone could pm me a nudge.

Hi all. Stuck on user. There are credentials for the user (all), but I can not figure out how to go to his contexts or read the home directory. Can someone give me nudge for possible options in PM

Hi guys, Im stuck. Found creds to crack, struggle with cracking it. Should I focus on creds or keep looking for something else ?

USER: Found creds, read manual and conf file to visit Private Space, stuck here… can someone please send me a PM nudge?

need help with root plz. I see the file and it has an interesting line at the bottom. I read everyone talking about l**s and gtfobins but i cant put it all together.

Type your comment> @dsully said:

need help with root plz. I see the file and it has an interesting line at the bottom. I read everyone talking about l**s and gtfobins but i cant put it all together.

Read the manual page of the j* command (and don’t concentrate on “less”).

Hi everyone!!! I’m new in the world of HTB and I tried this machine. I managed to get a shell but the problem is… Now I need the user. I’ve done what people says, read the man of ****** and search a conf file, it can sound stupid but, how can I move and search the directory where the conf file is? Tried using the normal cd but nothing… If someone would give me a nudge so I can get orientated I would appreciate it so much :smiley:

Type your comment> @fsocietyES said:

Tried using the normal cd but nothing…

Are you sure that it doesn’t work?

Rooted …
It was an interesting machine I liked it.
If you need any help feel free to msg me…

Type your comment> @bumika said:

Type your comment> @RedNas said:

Rooted :slight_smile:
Man the step from user to root was so simple in the end, but what a brainteaser :slight_smile:
Still can’t fully process why it works, so if anyone could PM me how ‘this one simple trick’ gives root I’d appreciate it!

Read the manual page of the command. The keyword is “width”.

Nice tip! Thanks!

I’m having issues with my screen size. I’m running kali in virtualbox, anyone has any tips?

Rooted in a few hours and it was my first time hacking a box :slight_smile:

A lot of misinformation about how to root. My tip is: just understand how gtfobin works and that’s it!

I learned a lot with this! Thanks a lot @jkr

Rooted…finally. My first box.

Can anyone give me an explanation of how it worked? What are GTFO Bins, etc…

All the write ups I’ve found seem to gloss over what is actually happening while gaining root

Thanks to all those who helped! @GreyHat86 & @01ph0rie