Forest

Type your comment> @NewViking said:

Tried Pwn.py, P**change.py, nothing works…

Same, got new user in groups. Can’t do anything with it.

Got user, got the remote dog working, think i have found the path, got my user as close to the end of the path i can find but now i can not go any further, Can someone please pm me a hint?

can someone help me for initial shell? i alredy get the user and cred and now can’t do anything with it.

Anyone for initial footholds in this box…I have only usernames…that’s it…any help with the impacket

I have been stuck for a week now on Admin. Here’s what I have so far: I have managed to use the remote python version of the dog for getting my graph, but I am not sure where to go from here. I think I see a path from svc-al to FOREST, but I am kind lost so I’d appreciate a nudge (more than anything I think I am suffering from tooling issues)

I can’t also run mimikatz on the box, any command fails.

Can somebody pm me about root? I think i am on the right path, but still can’t get it. Some hits would be very much appreciated!

UPD. got root. it was easier than i thought. I enjoyed this machine, but it is so not an easy level.

If anybody needs some hits, feel free to PM.

Finally got root, what a great box. 5 days straight of learning.

If i could give one piece of info that i could not find easily was all commands people gave to get the time from the server did not match to my time, so clock_skew was killing me.
This command worked for me
net time -S 10.10.10.161 -U “”

Happy to help with any hints needed

Am I supposed to brute force the hash? (At the last step) Because rock doesn’t pick that up.
Nope, no bruteforce needed.
Rooted, PM me for help. Definitely a difficult box.

Get root, this is never a easy box, but I learned a lot, great job for the creators of the box

Ugh, how do you get past the “Clock skew” issues?

Got root! I agree this box is mis-rated as easy, if only f or the level of prerequisite knowledge.

Feel free to PM me for help.

Stuck on root folks. Walk the dog, added what I needed to. But nothing is working still. any help?

Man, I’m stuck after days and reading all of this. I have two users, svc and h******s and only the latter seems to do anything with the dog. I see a route to admin (I think) but after reading through these comments I’m thinking I need to create a new user now? I’m not sure why or how - can someone help me out?

Wow. This is one of my favorite machines to be honest. VERY realistic, and definitely not an easy box!

User: impacket and nmap?

root: dog & impacket because it is not that easy.

BTW, impacket has different versions, sometimes you may face an issue just because you are using one version instead of the other so keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Finally rooted. No way in ■■■■ this is an “easy” box, but what a ride! ^^

Can someone PM me to help me with root? I been stuck for about a week or so. I have a graph from the dog and believe I know the path to get where I need to be. I’m assuming I am stuck at trying to add another user?

Took me 8 days after user to get root and the hints in the forum are enough to get you there. I think there might be multiple paths on this one, but I suggest you not get bogged down in powershell.

Should I be using a password or a hash to create my user?

The dog is hungry and needs to be fed but the readily available instructions on getting the food to feed the dog don’t work. Any help is appreciated!

this box was amazing! Thank you very much! more of that please. P.M. me if you need a nudge but study the graph, learn about what it actually means and google!