Bashed breakdown.

I owned root on bashed this morning (my id is Cubefarm if you want to check), however i don’t really understand how what i did worked. I think i had the right method, but the wrong reasoning.

Can anyone PM me with an explanation of why replacing the thing worked?

actually for rooting Bashed u no need to replaced anything… :slight_smile:

@Cubefarm said:
I owned root on bashed this morning (my id is Cubefarm if you want to check), however i don’t really understand how what i did worked. I think i had the right method, but the wrong reasoning.

Can anyone PM me with an explanation of why replacing the thing worked?

I think the same thing happened to me. All I did was edited a file cause why not, I could. No idea why it worked though. If until now you’ve managed to understand why please share <3

I stuck at bashed priv escalation… anyone can guide me I ran Linuxprivchecker.py but still not getting point to escalate priv.

I can’t get reverse shell… I found the directory with the webshell in it and tried some of pentest monkey’s reverse shell tips but it seems like the reverse shell is not working. I also tried reverting the box and it didn’t help too… tips are welcomed.

if you did what you said you did, then you did the correct thing. You said you edited a file correct? Were there any other files in that directory? Is there a reason why other files might be in there?

Please help I’m stuck with reverse shell. But my user is still www-data. I don’t know what to do now.

I am trying to get a reverse shell too. Python wont work, neither will nc. Just too new at this, I am guessing.

NVM I got it now… What a pain.

Hi guys, im just another newie with pentesting . I locate usr.txt , get a reverse shell and a Enumeration all files so easy , but im stuck so hard with root.txt and escalate privs , i inspect a lot of files, try to use scripts but no one works, i need help !! thnx !

Me too trying with Bashed and got spawned with python -c ‘import pty; pty.spawn(“/bin/bash”)’ in the meterpreter shell session. And got about to know sudo -l with scriptmanager now what to do?

Hi People, I just solve Bashed today, it was a nightmare cause I am a beginner, but finally, after 5 days, i got it with almost no help, and i really learn a lot with this challenge. There are some operations that before the challenge i did not know them, and now I know them by head and with eyes closed :))) that’s the good thing to be stuck and try harder and harder.

I think that there might be different ways to solve it. I did try reverse shell with meterpreter of metasploit, but in the end I didn’t need it, I found another vector.

I would like to know what you people are talking about substituting something in order to get the flag, cause i did nothing of that.

For those who need help, you can PM telling me where you are, i can try to guide you, I like to teach/guide because that’s a way to solidify knowledge.

No meterpreter needed here. just the shell already existing is lot enough.

I got root.txt finally without priv esc.

Dude what type of hash is the txt files using cant seem to crack

Just paste the hash. don’t need to crack. its md5 hash

@B1ackF1ag said:
Just paste the hash. don’t need to crack. its md5 hash

If i saw this comment before, i would never got to my solution. Or to the two solutions i know that work.