gofundme for OSCP

hey all ,

I hope you are doing well. as I am new to pen-testing, trying to learn things on my known, but wanted it in proper documentation. I heard a lot abt the OSCP exam value. wanted to enrol for oscp . As I am out of budget made campaign on gofundme .
would be appreciated if u fund me or sent this to who wanted to help a newcomer in the infosec industry

https://www.gofundme.com/f/8srzm-oscp-labs-90-days-access-and-exam?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

«1

Comments

  • nah, don't think I will.

    Arrexel

  • it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    peek

  • I have to agree - nice idea but......................

    You could do the labs in less time, if you concentrated on sites like this and asked for advice on which machines would be best to learned from. Not that I would NEVER encourage this I did find the pdf of the course material once online although an old version. So it depends on how much you want the qualification.

  • edited November 2019

    Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
    You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn't want to buy it for you...

  • Type your comment> @Crafty said:

    Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
    You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn't want to buy it for you...

    so why recruiters ask for it ?

    peek

  • edited November 2019

    Infosec industry isn't only related to Pentest, red team and offensive ... You have admins, integrators, pre-sales engineer, security solution dev, and so on...
    I wonder which recruiter ask for OSCP for an admin job. This is stupid.

  • Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    hmm, looking at the campaign it seems you haven't donated yet....why is that?

    Hilbert

  • Ask your mum.

     / __| | | | '_ ` _ \ 
    | (__| |_| | | | | | |
     \___|\__,_|_| |_| |_|
    

    Hack The Box

  • Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
    You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn't want to buy it for you...

    Heck, you can just do well in CTFs and apply to a junior position. That's what I did.

    Xentropy
    Null | Nada- | Zip | Diddly | Zilch+

  • Type your comment> @Xentropy said:

    Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
    You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn't want to buy it for you...

    Heck, you can just do well in CTFs and apply to a junior position. That's what I did.

    I am applying, As I am in Pakistan and here no one is interested in infosec , I try to apply for middle east but all in vein .

  • @Crafty said:
    Infosec industry isn't only related to Pentest, red team and offensive ... You have admins, integrators, pre-sales engineer, security solution dev, and so on...
    I wonder which recruiter ask for OSCP for an admin job. This is stupid.

    its depend on where you live .

  • @peek said:
    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    thanks for your kind words really appreciate

  • Type your comment> @Crafty said:

    Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
    You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn't want to buy it for you...

    Kind of presumptions to assume that everyone wanting to obtain certifications that would allow them to advance their career and earn more money can simply "save up" and pay out of pocket for an exam. Especially with the average income in Pakistan (admittedly, OP mentioned this after your reply) being significantly lower than that of the US.

  • Type your comment> @JValente said:

    Type your comment> @Crafty said:

    Type your comment> @peek said:

    it's not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

    OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
    You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn't want to buy it for you...

    Kind of presumptions to assume that everyone wanting to obtain certifications that would allow them to advance their career and earn more money can simply "save up" and pay out of pocket for an exam. Especially with the average income in Pakistan (admittedly, OP mentioned this after your reply) being significantly lower than that of the US.

    even If a person earning 50k its 322.76US dollar per month . Meaning for 1000 Dollar(Rs154914.20) , You have to save a complete salary for 4 months

  • I gave up on OSCP for the same reason. It is about 2 - 3 times the minimum wage in here. I am not sure about about asking for money though. Maybe offer to do something for money even is it is just for show? Straight up asking for it doesn't sound too good.
  • Type your comment> @krypt said:

    I gave up on OSCP for the same reason. It is about 2 - 3 times the minimum wage in here. I am not sure about about asking for money though. Maybe offer to do something for money even is it is just for show? Straight up asking for it doesn't sound too good.

    but i won't give up on it , I started web , will try bug bounty

  • edited December 2019

    find a job, go to job, do the job, go home, go sleep, go job again, go bank after month, get money from job, thank job for money, go oscp, make oscp, go back to new job
    ask @farbs he can give money so you dont go job

    v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • Starting with OSCP when you cannot afford it doesn't seem like a reasonable choice for me.

    Start with free certs, like can be found on cybrary.it.

    Then go for some cheaper stuff.

    Along the way, always apply for jobs. You may not get into PenTesting immediately, but e.g. working in support for cybersecurity companies gives you a fantastic foothold for later endeavours.

    PhaethonRising

  • Type your comment> @PhaethonRising said:

    Starting with OSCP when you cannot afford it doesn't seem like a reasonable choice for me.

    Start with free certs, like can be found on cybrary.it.

    Then go for some cheaper stuff.

    Along the way, always apply for jobs. You may not get into PenTesting immediately, but e.g. working in support for cybersecurity companies gives you a fantastic foothold for later endeavours.

    thanks for your advice bro . But i am controliing hold Elite hacker rank on hackthe box

  • edited December 2019

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

  • I feel for you, it's a very expensive cert for a student / the unemployed. I'm an undergrad student and saving up for OSCP to get it in 2020, it's a crap ton of money to pay out your own pocket but I see it as an investment. Plus, globally recognised cert and where I'm from it's a huge thing to have - as is all countries I'm sure.

    You could not do the OSCP, land a pentesting job and ask them to pay for you which a lot of guys do. However you decide to pay for the OSCP, good luck

    Hack The Box

  • edited December 2019

    Type your comment> @d4rk3r said:

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

    He showing initiative by going out and finding the flags on websites, that's the kind of go gettemness that should be rewarded with free money!

    Hilbert

  • Type your comment> @d4rk3r said:

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

    thankyou for your kind words

  • @Hilbert said:
    Type your comment> @d4rk3r said:

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

    He showing initiative by going out and finding the flags on websites, that's the kind of go gettemness that should be rewarded with free money!

    why would anyone do that? Even when he has no job in infosec

  • @Rxiyn said:
    I feel for you, it's a very expensive cert for a student / the unemployed. I'm an undergrad student and saving up for OSCP to get it in 2020, it's a crap ton of money to pay out your own pocket but I see it as an investment. Plus, globally recognised cert and where I'm from it's a huge thing to have - as is all countries I'm sure.

    You could not do the OSCP, land a pentesting job and ask them to pay for you which a lot of guys do. However you decide to pay for the OSCP, good luck

    thankyou and appreciated your kind words

  • Type your comment> @newbiewas said:

    @Hilbert said:
    Type your comment> @d4rk3r said:

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

    He showing initiative by going out and finding the flags on websites, that's the kind of go gettemness that should be rewarded with free money!

    why would anyone do that? Even when he has no job in infosec

    probably so they can make comments like this

    thanks for your advice bro . But i am controliing hold Elite hacker rank on hackthe box

    Hilbert

  • edited December 2019

    @newbiewas said:
    @d4rk3r said:

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

    thankyou for your kind words

    I know I am a c**t but you don't look like what means to be an hacker to me, more like a point whore (no offence given), you have to try harder before giving up to yourself!!! And it's not a certificate that will make you better, if you don't have the right mindset to be a hacker. Cos you know, there is a thing called the internet or as I used to call it arpanet/bbs. It's all out there now, before POCs were mangled so skiddies could not run them, "good old days" (C, perl and python only, and be faraway from skiddies)... So don't be a skiddie, be a hacker.

  • try to be both

    v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • Type your comment> @Hilbert said:

    Type your comment> @newbiewas said:

    @Hilbert said:
    Type your comment> @d4rk3r said:

    You smell fishy to me, I am new to pen-testing and yet you were able to complete smasher2 a day from the last box and you were able to root it a second later... No dime from me!

    He showing initiative by going out and finding the flags on websites, that's the kind of go gettemness that should be rewarded with free money!

    why would anyone do that? Even when he has no job in infosec

    probably so they can make comments like this

    thanks for your advice bro . But i am controliing hold Elite hacker rank on hack

    do u thing somebody wil do this just for comment?

Sign In to comment.