OSCP cleared, next steps

Type your comment> @0x16 said:

Hi all,

This isn’t going to be a write up of my experiences with OSCP. However happy to answer any questions that don’t break OS rules.

As the title states, I’ve recently cleared my OSCP. Considering next steps.

Little about me, I’ve been a network engineer for the past 6 years. I’m the sort of person that gets bored easily and always wants a challenge. So July 2019 I started on HTB (had no intention to do my OSCP), ippsec videos, all the good OSCP prep sites. Fast forward to November 2019 I’m OSCP certified.

I’m considering next steps. I start a new job in a week, they need a senior network engineer to finalise a big contract they have for the first 6 months. I’ve made it clear that my intention is to break into the security field, always been a passion of mine. They are keen to support me in doing this considering the supply/demand for people/roles is woeful at the moment.

However I don’t like sitting idle, I can do network engineering in my sleep. I need something to preoccupy my mind out of hours.

Looking at OSWE or OSCE, both look interesting, a friend of mine suggested eWPT. Should I start with eWPT and then consider OSWE? What did you do?

Alternatively, should I start looking into bug bounties? With the intention to get experience under my belt? Where do I begin?

Regards,
0x16
congrats go for elearn security course as they are up to date