Traverxec

Anyone who needs help PM :slight_smile:

Rooted

Foothold: Well know exploit for this service

User: If you have rooted postman, you will know what to look for. If not. search directories for some interesting information that has been left behind. John will help you out with it.

Root: Why on earth would you throw shells in the bin ; )

hopefully that does not give too much away.

PM me for nudges

Rooted!

Tnx to @extincted for the nudges!

Nice machine, user is simple :slight_smile: root is embarrassing if you don’t overthink !

I got the initial foothold, found the n*o and cf, cracked the hash I found there. Have done searches for both hidden files and folders with no joy. As I found in the forums after testing, the cracked hash did not work for dd either through su or ssh. I got this far on my own so have learned a lot, but getting stuck now with something I am not familiar with.

Finally rooted!! Got a bit stuck but got some “brain untangling” hints from @extincted that got me going! Thank you @extincted for the hints and @jkr for building the box!

Type your comment> @Pr0m3th3u5 said:

Ok, this is going to sound crazy but ive been on this for 4 days. Gained a foothold but stuck trying to get user. Read every single response on this thread. Read the nd.c**f and the manual side by side. Went to /~d but dont get any auth option or anything. Can someone please put me out of my misery,PM or anything is acceptable!!! Lol thanks guys/gals

I’ve got the same problem. I just can’t see what to do :frowning:

The last two lines of the file are important and will lead you the way.

Rooted :slight_smile:
Man the step from user to root was so simple in the end, but what a brainteaser :slight_smile:
Still can’t fully process why it works, so if anyone could PM me how ‘this one simple trick’ gives root I’d appreciate it!

Type your comment> @Luemmel said:

The last two lines of the file are important and will lead you the way.

After looking at them for the last 2 days I wish they did lol

Type your comment> @RedNas said:

Rooted :slight_smile:
Man the step from user to root was so simple in the end, but what a brainteaser :slight_smile:
Still can’t fully process why it works, so if anyone could PM me how ‘this one simple trick’ gives root I’d appreciate it!

Read the manual page of the command. The keyword is “width”.

I cracked the password for dd. Also found the .ss files and copied to my local. But whe I try to login via ss and the id_* files it asks me password and passhphrase. And Passphrase is not working. Am I on the wrong way? Any help will be nice guys.

Thanks

Rooted - Learnt a lot about GTFOBins. PM me for a nudge

I got a shell but can’t seem to get the user. Read the man page and sifted through the conf. Still stuck pm me please with a nudge.

I managed to find and download an interesting .tgz file, but I can’t seem to extract it. I am being told “Archive format is not recognized”. Is there something I’m missing, or is it a bad/corrupt file?

Type your comment> @NNautilus said:

I managed to find and download an interesting .tgz file, but I can’t seem to extract it. I am being told “Archive format is not recognized”. Is there something I’m missing, or is it a bad/corrupt file?

There are commands you can use to view the uncompressed contents of the file in the shell

Type your comment> @ohpenuniversal said:

There are commands you can use to view the uncompressed contents of the file in the shell

I can see the contents, but I still don’t see how to actually get those files. Do I not actually need them?

I can see the contents, but I still don’t see how to actually get those files. Do I not actually need them?

Do you use Linux? There are a few opportunities:

• tar xvzf *.tgz
  • gunzip *.tgz; tar xvf *.tar

Type your comment> @bumika said:

Do you use Linux? There are a few opportunities:

• tar xvzf *.tgz
  • gunzip *.tgz; tar xvf *.tar

Trying to extract the files leads to this

gzip: *.tgz: not in gzip format

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

It really does feel like I’m missing something obvious

Feel like people are DOSing the box atm. Had 0 issues last night with getting a shell and now it’s consistently timing out -_-