Obscurity

Great box, slightly CTF-y though. Thank you @clubby789

Foothold: Rather than going with your traditional tools, I suggest finding the file manually. In the file, look for something that could get you in.
User: I felt this was pretty straightforward, enough hints hereon the thread.
Root: Did it the unintended way first (because duh), but then later did it the intended way. It’s pretty easy, don’t go down rabbit holes.

Feel free to PM me if you need a nudge.

Not really sure how to fuzz this, can someone send me a > @d3kum1d0r1y4 said:

Can someone please give me nudge on finding the secret directory for the py file. Tried brute forcing with dirb but it fails for some reason.
Thank you

Same here, somehow I’m unable to fuzz this box. Can someone PM me a nudge?

Thought I had got it, but does not seem to come back with anything. Anyone that can PM me with a nudge would be great.

why is that dir escaping me? Haha. DirBuster or wfuzz have not given me any success. Perhaps doing something wrong…

i did the ugliest root ever :x
if it looks stupid but it works, it aint stupid :slight_smile:

Fuzzing the file dir was easy and straightforward.

But I have no idea what I can do with the .py. I have saved it on my local machine and run it but get errors.
And I have read the contents line by line but I could not determine anything juicy to get further.

Anyone who can point me to the right direction with the .py? Thx

Hi All,

I’m new in the hacking world and I have decide to try this machine, but I’m struggling to understand the py script or even run it, I’m not a python person, my mistake it seems.

So I have found the directory and the py script and I need help to understand it, is anyone able to help me?

Thank you

me too struggling with .py plz send hints

For those who struggle finding the dir, try playing around with file you can access in the source code and understand why your (dirb, wfuzz or whatever) is not working

Found the hidden dir and file, ffuf is an awesome tool - will keep it in the reserves for future use… but that is where i am stumped. Looking for some resources to point me in the right direction for understanding what i’m reading in the code. Also, kind of stumped on how to recreate it locally for testing out a PoC before trying on the box. PM’s welcome - thx

edit - thx @Sekisback for the nudge - to anyone reading this… dont let yerself get too lost in the code… keep it simple and get involved with the requests you are sending to the box… maybe modify one of them and… that is the hint for foothold.

Rooted, straightforward and a bit CTF like, and fun.
PM for nudges are always welcome.

Rooted, thanks for this machine @clubby789 .

That was fun, python <3 <3

Feel free to PM me for hints.

@clubby789 ,what is the intended way? I got 2 ways now. One gave me the root password and the other only the flag.

Type your comment> @djbrains said:

@clubby789 ,what is the intended way? I got 2 ways now. One gave me the root password and the other only the flag.

The goal isn’t to root the machine ? x)

Got user. It has been a nightmare, but actually no math at all for decrypting, only a little bit of logic applied to the code.
update:
rooted .

Type your comment> @w4x said:

Rooting or root access? :wink:

Type your comment> @w4x said:

Rooting or root access? :wink:

Virtualbox?

Excellent box and pretty straight forward :smiley: I found two ways to root it :wink: don’t know which one was the intended but both were fun

Type your comment> @zuk4 said:

Hi All,

I’m new in the hacking world and I have decide to try this machine, but I’m struggling to understand the py script or even run it, I’m not a python person, my mistake it seems.

So I have found the directory and the py script and I need help to understand it, is anyone able to help me?

Thank you

bro how you found the secre directory and py file can you help me please

Hi,

I’m stuck with the dir… no way to find it. Can anyone give me a nudge?
I’ve tried all the fuzzing tools but with no luck… also manually with the same result.