Obscurity

Rooted… learned few things… Was great! Seems i know a lot better Py then bash… as i used Py script for root… Need to close gaps in bash

Password for root really funny :slight_smile:

Feel free to ask if struggle…

Seem to be having a problem with the initial fuzzing, don’t seem to be able to find the directory

Type your comment> @mosaaed said:

here my problem User: Python (you will probably need to write code here)

You can solve it without writing a single line of code.Just use what you already have and derive what you need

Spoiler Removed

Having trouble with the initial fuzz. Using typical approaches that have worked on other machines and returning nothing. I’ve seen the hint about the 404 message, but not sure how to use it. Any nudge would be much appreciated. Thanks.

My experience with this box was interesting. This is probably the first CTF-Like box I had done, so it was definitely an experience for me.

Foothold: Not really much to say, forgetting a few basics along the way, but fairly straightforward.

User: Dealing with a corrupt file made my life a little harder than it probably should have been, but I managed to manually do what I needed by understanding the logic and do some open sourcing along the way.

Root: Um, not really much to say, was a little disappointed, but still fun.

Overall, not super difficult for a beginner like me. Learnt one or two things along the way, but nonetheless it was a fun intro box to CTF-Like ones.

Thanks to @Hilbert for putting up with my ramblings and @bertalting for helping me fix my initial foothold issue.

Type your comment> @c00de said:

Rooted, thanks the most to @atii22 for helping me
anyone needs help you can contact me

i have got an obscura page… now what should i do i cant find anything

Type your comment> @DHIRAL said:

Rooted. My experience:
Foothold: Need a little bit of clever wfuzz. Just look at the 404 error its giving if you need hint…
User: The hardest one in this machine. I spend a whole day for it… You will need programming and math skills for decrypting it.
Root: Really easy once you do the user. Remember, if you cannot do a thing quickly, that’s why scripts were invented…

Feel free to PM me for hints. But I won’t be available for whole day. So be patient if I don’t reply…

have got an obscura page… now what should i do i cant find anything

Got root :slight_smile:
Thanks @clubby789 for the box, so much fun!
Also learn some new things

Type your comment> @N0rt0N said:

still trying to find directory, can you give me a nudge please?

Had fun writing simple scripts to do the simple things.

Struggling with finding the directory…
Tried a lot of fuzzing tools including the praised ffuf without any luck
Need a bit of help,let me know if I can pm for nudge

Type your comment> @djbrains said:

@lesleybw said:

it’s really easy guys. Probably you are rushing with wordlists and not thinking clear. Step back a second a think about the syntax. You have the child and want to fuzz the parent…

Type your comment> @notforsale said:

@lesleybw said:

it’s really easy guys. Probably you are rushing with wordlists and not thinking clear. Step back a second a think about the syntax. You have the child and want to fuzz the parent…

@notforsale said:

@lesleybw said:

yeah, i got the idea. but not the (working) tools.
found a directory and the file manually.
now figuring the next step :slight_smile:

Can someone please give me nudge on finding the secret directory for the py file. Tried brute forcing with dirb but it fails for some reason.
Thank you

Great box, slightly CTF-y though. Thank you @clubby789

Foothold: Rather than going with your traditional tools, I suggest finding the file manually. In the file, look for something that could get you in.
User: I felt this was pretty straightforward, enough hints hereon the thread.
Root: Did it the unintended way first (because duh), but then later did it the intended way. It’s pretty easy, don’t go down rabbit holes.

Feel free to PM me if you need a nudge.

Not really sure how to fuzz this, can someone send me a > @d3kum1d0r1y4 said:

Can someone please give me nudge on finding the secret directory for the py file. Tried brute forcing with dirb but it fails for some reason.
Thank you

Same here, somehow I’m unable to fuzz this box. Can someone PM me a nudge?

Thought I had got it, but does not seem to come back with anything. Anyone that can PM me with a nudge would be great.

why is that dir escaping me? Haha. DirBuster or wfuzz have not given me any success. Perhaps doing something wrong…

i did the ugliest root ever :x
if it looks stupid but it works, it aint stupid :slight_smile: