Obscurity

Type your comment> @twypsy said:

@idomino said:

Based on the reactions I’m getting maybe I was too harsh when I said “one of the easiest ones currently available”, maybe it was just easy for me, as all stages are simply solved by a few lines of python, but I guess I can understand why people are struggling with stock tools.

To be honest, I don’t give credibility to any comment in HTB regarding the difficulty of a machine, and I might suggest the same to anybody who joined HTB recently. What seems easy now, might not have seemed easy in the past.

Excellent point! “difficulty”, “easy”, “hard”, etc are all relative terms and very much individualistic. Nobody should feel bad they are struggling to bust this “piece of cake” / “easy” box, because the fact is those judgements of how challenging this box is, really only applies to the people making those comments. If you do not even know / never had to use the finer techniques/points this box uses, then I can imagine this box will be quite difficult. However, everything is difficult until it is not. So keep applying and learning.