Traverxec

facepalm root! Thanks xVoid for the nudge

hmmm super lost with creds… web link to private space… lol
probably something stupid but a nudge would be nice.

Thanks!

Finally rooted this machine great machine @jkr . Feel free to PM me for a nudge.

Hints:
User - Look closely at config some things are accessible even when not there
Root - Always remember GTFObins and LESS

■■■■ yeah :smiley: 2 in one night let’s go!

root@traverxec:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Rooted.
Thanks to @w4x & @trikster9

Type your comment

FInally rooted, i feel so stupid with root.

Pm for help

People who are still stuck… please send a dm for a nudge

rooted :smiley:

Any hint for root?
Got user flag but can’t find anything interesting else.

Ok what the heck am I missing with priv esc.

I know we’re looking at the script. I know about what GTFOBins has said about the particular binary. I know I am supposed to be focusing on seeing not as much in the window. But everytime I try and escape, it just dumps me back to user shell.

I know I’m missing something stupid, but I don’t know what it is.

Type your comment> @joeybruns said:

I know we’re looking at the script. I know about what GTFOBins has said about the particular binary. I know I am supposed to be focusing on seeing not as much in the window. But everytime I try and escape, it just dumps me back to user shell.

Your command is too long, cut the end to remove the special character.

Type your comment> @bumika said:

Type your comment> @joeybruns said:

Your command is too long, cut the end to remove the special character.

FACEPALM got it. Thank you.

Finally got root. This was my first machine, i learned a few things

hey guys i need some hints, i’m stuck on the gtf* thing, whenever i try to run the command inside le**, it opens a new user terminal instead of the root one :s

thats because le** doesn´t run elevated the way you ran it.
However, i just checked the machine. The way i rooted it yesterday does not work at the moment. j*****l does not use l when getting rid of the pip*

Ed.
Thats weird, it just again worked once, now again i´m not able to do it.

Ed.2
Nevermind - my bad. Everything’s working fine

This box is driving me crazy :smiley: I found “back**--identity-*.tgz”, unzip them and copied 2 of the files inside, but I can’t cat or copy the third one, it breaks my shell everytime I try to cat it… any other way to get it?

root@traverxec:~# id;hostname
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
traverxec

this is a very easy, but dangerous box.
you get trapped easily if you don’t pay attention!

rooted! So, what can I say… It is NOT a ctf`y machine, it’s close to the real life. Pretty straightforward, with vulnerablilities you could see in a real world. Almost perfect for the beginner, a lot of things to learn. Here are some hints!

shell: Enumerate… Find a door, than examine it thoroughly

user: Keep it simple, nothing crazy. You need to enumerate, read about service, see a configuration and then start investigating

root: Do you remember that frustrating moment from the past, when you screamed “how to exit this?”. Yea, its time to bring those memories back

Hope it’s not to spoily (i wonder if this word exists, lol, sorry, english is not my first lang :d), good luck! Feel free to PM me, you need help :DD

Thanks to @donkeysnore for his help!!!

I want to do this with my windows laptop. I know what vulnerability i need to use for foothold. But meta sploit for windows has an installation isseu.\is there a way to do is by hand?

Nvm, charles to the rescue