USB ripper

Can I get a hint please, feel like I am missing the obvious, I have found a violation event but looking at the surrounding times within syslog doesn’t show me anything and using the PID/VID doesnt seem to bring me any help either so clearly I am missing something :<

Update.

Nevermind sorted, fml.

I’ve found the violation event, the “crack” in what consists PM me please

When I use usbrip to find violations it seems to return way too many results. Do you guys only get one violation back? Im stuck :confused:

i found it using awk,grep,sed but when i “crack” and submit the flag it’s not accepted. Any ideas?

Can someone explain how usbrip found a violation if the same manufacturer ID is it in auth.json? I don’t get it.

btw. is it possible to do it with one command using grep, awk & sed?

Nice challenge but now I must resist the urge to make u*****r faster…

[*] Time taken: 0:08:07.389734

time python3 parse.py

real 0m2.091s
user 0m2.016s
sys 0m0.073s

Nice challenge, learned new tool (and I was lucky enough because the tool works just fine and I had no problem with it, just install, run and found violation).

For the cracking part, I used a well known online service, and it was almost instantaneous.

Tip: this is a lot easier than you expect! Once you get the v*******, what is the easiest thing you can do with it? :wink:

Edit. Nvm. I said f-it on trying to crack it myself I just looked it up instead of cracking first result was correct.

this can be done in a few lines of python + online tool. nice challange though :slight_smile:

any nudge on the “crack” part ?

I’m looking over the tool. I ran the command to pull violations. However I know I’m using the tool wrong as it output my usb devices as the violations. I’m stuck on how to make this work. Can someone PM me a nudge please?

The chef is offering me a dish that I am clearly not adequately skilled to eat :frowning:

Hi there, can someone help with the second part. It says crack it so I have tried some online platforms but that doesn’t seem to work. A PM would be appreciated!

Done…Anyone need help ping me <3

Simple python + jtr = eez

Hi all, can someone give me a hint on the second part, please? I’m using J but not sure if I’m using him correctly,

Thanks

Pilgrim23

Ignore me. Done it.

Not sure if I am right, but the suggested tool usage is a bit hard. Harder -maybe- then the challenge. It always throws errors. Here the maker (and the challenge owner snovvcrash) said: “Try harder”

The installation and uninstallation process was also too hard (for me absolutely), and it is not working, does not matter how hard I try…

tha usbrip tool is enouhg
pip3 install usbrip==2.1.3.post3 is important for errors
thanks for nudges on this forum

crack part is easy google skilzz

got it, feel free to PM me