Craft

user: Like others, this is the difficult part. You will need to know how to reverse a shell by taking advantage
of a Python function that is available in the repo.

I realized that upgrading my shell using the pty module in Python was not working, and this was because the chroot
enivorment does not include /bin/bash, but you have to specify /bin/sh. I believe that the jail will limit you to
Busybox commands. Upgrading the shell is done in most of Ippec’s videos. Learn this technique, it will save you a
lot of guessing.

root: Check out the new repo that you have access to. There is a program that stores SSH creds that allow you to
login to remote/local machines. This part should not take long.

other: My reverse shell was very slow and kept timing out, I do not know if this is by design or if this was just my
shell? I know there is a lot left out, but I did want to provide a few tips. I spent 80% of the time trying to
hack the box without visiting the forum, but after visiting the forum, it quickly provided the missing gaps to
hack the box.

fyi: to try harder, exhaust all your resources before visiting forum, document the new commands you learn, and
stay away from msfconsole. Msfconsole is rarely the answer for boxes here.