Traverxec

My most memorable privilege escalation so far. :slight_smile: Thank you, @jkr.

need help, i do not understand how to GTFO using the .sh file.

Type your comment> @HJFR said:

You’re going to have to think outside of the box on this one. Like, perhaps outside of your terminal box…

Type your comment> @Ruri said:

Type your comment> @HJFR said:

You’re going to have to think outside of the box on this one. Like, perhaps outside of your terminal box…

Does that means that it is expected zero output?

I was able to get in to the user but now I’m stuck. I keep seeing everyone say that its right in front of my face but I don’t get it. I mean I have something in mind such as modifying the **.sh and making it run my client that I set up with MSFVenom which didn’t work of course, but im not sure if that’s exactly what i need to be doing. Can anyone PM and give me a tip for root

I’m looking and just starring at the **.sh file looking at all the commands and trying to modify different things and I’m just not getting it. I am not sure if I can write down all that I have tried here but yea that’s pretty much where I am at right now.

PLS PM for the nudges

Type your comment> @tony201 said:

I was able to get in to the user but now I’m stuck. I keep seeing everyone say that its right in front of my face but I don’t get it. I mean I have something in mind such as modifying the **.sh and making it run my client that I set up with MSFVenom which didn’t work of course, but im not sure if that’s exactly what i need to be doing. Can anyone PM and give me a tip for root

I’m looking and just starring at the **.sh file looking at all the commands and trying to modify different things and I’m just not getting it. I am not sure if I can write down all that I have tried here but yea that’s pretty much where I am at right now.

Don’t try to modify the script, but look what it does. There’s a hint that you can execute something. Think what happens when you execute that command and what you can do from there. PM me if you need hints.

Rooted, PM hints welcome. Fun box.

Rooted.
This was an interesting machine, got tricked one time and spent alot of time somewhere i shouldnt. The way to root was also interesting.

Pm me if you need help.

Hello friends good morning could you give me a hand I have the shell and the user also has the hash but for some reason john does not work well for me or it is I who did not master it well at all

Sorry for my english i from spain.

pm me

Type your comment> @extincted said:

Rooted.
This was an interesting machine, got tricked one time and spent alot of time somewhere i shouldnt. The way to root was also interesting.

Pm me if you need help.

help me bro xd

Hi! i would need help. I dont know how to use GTFOBins with this special command to get root priv

Please send me a PM to give me a hint

Type your comment> @bumika said:

My most memorable privilege escalation so far. :slight_smile: Thank you, @jkr.

Ok, it depends on which “size” you would like to use. :slight_smile:

Woa ■■■■ I spend last night so much time on this box…

Foot: simple curl request
User: well yea, that took me some time. Find all the stuff you need, read the files next to it and the man page of the service…its written dozen times here… I read the stuff dozen times but finally, in the night I got it lol xD (hint; not everything that is accessible is also visible)
root: well yea…took me again ages, I tried so many things… at the end my only tipp is… size matters

Thanks to @0x1MF40 who guided me a bit out of the last brainfuck xD

Type your comment> @0xbadbac0n said:

Woa ■■■■ I spend last night so much time on this box…

Foot: simple curl request
User: well yea, that took me some time. Find all the stuff you need, read the files next to it and the man page of the service…its written dozen times here… I read the stuff dozen times but finally, in the night I got it lol xD (hint; not everything that is accessible is also visible)
root: well yea…took me again ages, I tried so many things… at the end my only tipp is… size matters

Thanks to @0x1MF40 who guided me a bit out of the last brainfuck xD

I have the user and the supposed hash with the password but when deciphering it tells me that it is not md5 if you could help me thank you very much

Can pls someone help me with priv esc and GTFO? I only get non esc shell.

Rooted !!!
Really a fun box, with fine tricks. Really a learning house for beginners. The hints provided in the forum are enough to get yourself root.

But if you still need any help or want to understand why a particular thing worked, don’t refrain from DM :wink:

Can someone help me with user? I’m really stuck there, I found a hash, but can’t crack it with hashcat, found something id_rsa related, read the c**f file, read the manual of the service. But even now, I can’t figure out, what to do with it…