gofundme for OSCP

lol

nah, don’t think I will.

it’s not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

I have to agree - nice idea but…

You could do the labs in less time, if you concentrated on sites like this and asked for advice on which machines would be best to learned from. Not that I would NEVER encourage this I did find the pdf of the course material once online although an old version. So it depends on how much you want the qualification.

Type your comment> @peek said:

it’s not funny, many people cant afford oscp and other certs, we are a huge community, we can help

OSCP in not mandatory to work into infosec industry.
You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn’t want to buy it for you…

Type your comment> @Crafty said:

You can start as a Security Admin and save money for certs, if your company doesn’t want to buy it for you…

so why recruiters ask for it ?

Infosec industry isn’t only related to Pentest, red team and offensive … You have admins, integrators, pre-sales engineer, security solution dev, and so on…
I wonder which recruiter ask for OSCP for an admin job. This is stupid.

hmm, looking at the campaign it seems you haven’t donated yet…why is that?

Ask your mum.

Heck, you can just do well in CTFs and apply to a junior position. That’s what I did.

Type your comment> @Xentropy said:

Heck, you can just do well in CTFs and apply to a junior position. That’s what I did.

I am applying, As I am in Pakistan and here no one is interested in infosec , I try to apply for middle east but all in vein .

@Crafty said:
Infosec industry isn’t only related to Pentest, red team and offensive … You have admins, integrators, pre-sales engineer, security solution dev, and so on…
I wonder which recruiter ask for OSCP for an admin job. This is stupid.

its depend on where you live .

@peek said:

thanks for your kind words really appreciate

Kind of presumptions to assume that everyone wanting to obtain certifications that would allow them to advance their career and earn more money can simply “save up” and pay out of pocket for an exam. Especially with the average income in Pakistan (admittedly, OP mentioned this after your reply) being significantly lower than that of the US.

Type your comment> @JValente said:

Kind of presumptions to assume that everyone wanting to obtain certifications that would allow them to advance their career and earn more money can simply “save up” and pay out of pocket for an exam. Especially with the average income in Pakistan (admittedly, OP mentioned this after your reply) being significantly lower than that of the US.

even If a person earning 50k its 322.76US dollar per month . Meaning for 1000 Dollar(Rs154914.20) , You have to save a complete salary for 4 months

I gave up on OSCP for the same reason. It is about 2 - 3 times the minimum wage in here. I am not sure about about asking for money though. Maybe offer to do something for money even is it is just for show? Straight up asking for it doesn’t sound too good.

Type your comment> @krypt said:

I gave up on OSCP for the same reason. It is about 2 - 3 times the minimum wage in here. I am not sure about about asking for money though. Maybe offer to do something for money even is it is just for show? Straight up asking for it doesn’t sound too good.

but i won’t give up on it , I started web , will try bug bounty

find a job, go to job, do the job, go home, go sleep, go job again, go bank after month, get money from job, thank job for money, go oscp, make oscp, go back to new job
ask @farbs he can give money so you dont go job

Starting with OSCP when you cannot afford it doesn’t seem like a reasonable choice for me.

Start with free certs, like can be found on cybrary.it.

Then go for some cheaper stuff.

Along the way, always apply for jobs. You may not get into PenTesting immediately, but e.g. working in support for cybersecurity companies gives you a fantastic foothold for later endeavours.

Type your comment> @PhaethonRising said:

Starting with OSCP when you cannot afford it doesn’t seem like a reasonable choice for me.

Start with free certs, like can be found on cybrary.it.

Then go for some cheaper stuff.

Along the way, always apply for jobs. You may not get into PenTesting immediately, but e.g. working in support for cybersecurity companies gives you a fantastic foothold for later endeavours.

thanks for your advice bro . But i am controliing hold Elite hacker rank on hackthe box