Traverxec

Type your comment> @Ursa said:

s2j is giving me a weird hash and the type isn’t working in john even with the s…g format specified; more specifically, that type doesn’t show up in the format types when I use john --list=formats and the utility specifically for that type to john states that it isn’t a valid key file.

Edit: I’m just retarded, feel free to pm with questions

i ran john without any “format” flag. just wordlist that really rocks and file with hash

Root part was so funny !

User : the cred is a rabbit hole ! I spent too much time with the creds. You dont need it in order to get user. So just ignore it and keep enumerating.

@HolyPanda said:
Type your comment> @Ursa said:

s2j is giving me a weird hash and the type isn’t working in john even with the s…g format specified; more specifically, that type doesn’t show up in the format types when I use john --list=formats and the utility specifically for that type to john states that it isn’t a valid key file.

Edit: I’m just retarded, feel free to pm with questions

i ran john without any “format” flag. just wordlist that really rocks and file with hash

Yeah I figured it all out. it was a picnic. Got root finally, woot!

Rooted, first box rooted so I feel pretty good. Thanks to Shad0wQu35t.

Can someone send me a PM, got my initial shell and just not seeing anything in the c*** file. Already got the creds, but not seeing this “hidden” thing that I should be able to see. I feel like a complete tool right now.

Type your comment> @Crafty said:

Root part was so funny !

User : the cred is a rabbit hole ! I spent too much time with the creds. You dont need it in order to get user. So just ignore it and keep enumerating.

It’s not a rabbit hole, you can actually use them even if you can do it without them

Rooted it yesterday DM for help

Rooted.

User isn’t terribly difficult. Didn’t really require a lot of enumeration, just a lot of additional research.

Root it a troll though. tried a bunch of things before I remembered how a particular thing works. Fun box!

This is just my second box, but I have got access to everything I need for User, still I can’t crack it. Have been struck at it for the past 24 hours, have even obtained the keys yet I can’t login. Can someone help me where am I going wrong?

PM me for hints (user /root ) if you want :slight_smile:

/> @trikster9 said:

This is just my second box, but I have got access to everything I need for User, still I can’t crack it. Have been struck at it for the past 24 hours, have even obtained the keys yet I can’t login. Can someone help me where am I going wrong?

You’ll need to crack key passphrase in order to log in.

ROOTED.
fun box.

Hints,
Foothold: Can’t use me********? Try doing it manually
Root: GTFOBINS is your friend. NOTHING TO DO WITH RESOLUTION OR SCREEN SIZE AT ALL.

Feel free to PM for a nudge,

Type your comment> @Franna said:

ROOTED.
fun box.

Hints,
Foothold: Can’t use me********? Try doing it manually
Root: GTFOBINS is your friend. NOTHING TO DO WITH RESOLUTION OR SCREEN SIZE AT ALL.

Feel free to PM for a nudge,

not if you use i3 desktop…size matters

Unable to get past the n*d.c file. Read man, read the file. Please help :frowning:

Finally, got the user flag. Puh, so much to learn.
Even copy text in putty is a challange. :smiley:

I’ve got the user private key but I can’t decrypt the passphrase to use it. Can someone give me a hint on this ?

Type your comment> @RaoulDuke said:

I’ve got the user private key but I can’t decrypt the passphrase to use it. Can someone give me a hint on this ?

John worked for me. Got to make the hash first with a .py script.

Type your comment> @Lexxie said:

Type your comment> @RaoulDuke said:

John worked for me. Got to make the hash first with a .py script.

Thanks I was using the wrong srcipt now I’m on my way for the root.

Did anyone got the file via web or also only with gussing on cli?