Traverxec

So I got .pub files. But cannot cat them

Got User. Any Hints For Root?

Type your comment> @cdf123 said:

Just throwing this out here… for all the “Not Full Screen” comments, stty is your friend here, no need to worry about screen sizes.
That was interesting! Had to come back to try this out! Thanks!

“There is no way this would work.” - 5 seconds before getting root.
Fun box for beginners. PM if you need a nudge

Got user and root! This was my first “active” HTB box!
Finishing root while using i3 gaps was… interesting.
Fun box, thanks JKR!

Hi guys, I’ve got the cred of D***d and cracked the hash. I’m aware of the only X permitted directory but don’t know what to do next. PM would be useful.

Type your comment> @Ursa said:

s2j is giving me a weird hash and the type isn’t working in john even with the s…g format specified; more specifically, that type doesn’t show up in the format types when I use john --list=formats and the utility specifically for that type to john states that it isn’t a valid key file.

Edit: I’m just retarded, feel free to pm with questions

i ran john without any “format” flag. just wordlist that really rocks and file with hash

Root part was so funny !

User : the cred is a rabbit hole ! I spent too much time with the creds. You dont need it in order to get user. So just ignore it and keep enumerating.

@HolyPanda said:
Type your comment> @Ursa said:

s2j is giving me a weird hash and the type isn’t working in john even with the s…g format specified; more specifically, that type doesn’t show up in the format types when I use john --list=formats and the utility specifically for that type to john states that it isn’t a valid key file.

Edit: I’m just retarded, feel free to pm with questions

i ran john without any “format” flag. just wordlist that really rocks and file with hash

Yeah I figured it all out. it was a picnic. Got root finally, woot!

Rooted, first box rooted so I feel pretty good. Thanks to Shad0wQu35t.

Can someone send me a PM, got my initial shell and just not seeing anything in the c*** file. Already got the creds, but not seeing this “hidden” thing that I should be able to see. I feel like a complete tool right now.

Type your comment> @Crafty said:

Root part was so funny !

User : the cred is a rabbit hole ! I spent too much time with the creds. You dont need it in order to get user. So just ignore it and keep enumerating.

It’s not a rabbit hole, you can actually use them even if you can do it without them

Rooted it yesterday DM for help

Rooted.

User isn’t terribly difficult. Didn’t really require a lot of enumeration, just a lot of additional research.

Root it a troll though. tried a bunch of things before I remembered how a particular thing works. Fun box!

This is just my second box, but I have got access to everything I need for User, still I can’t crack it. Have been struck at it for the past 24 hours, have even obtained the keys yet I can’t login. Can someone help me where am I going wrong?

PM me for hints (user /root ) if you want :slight_smile:

/> @trikster9 said:

This is just my second box, but I have got access to everything I need for User, still I can’t crack it. Have been struck at it for the past 24 hours, have even obtained the keys yet I can’t login. Can someone help me where am I going wrong?

You’ll need to crack key passphrase in order to log in.

ROOTED.
fun box.

Hints,
Foothold: Can’t use me********? Try doing it manually
Root: GTFOBINS is your friend. NOTHING TO DO WITH RESOLUTION OR SCREEN SIZE AT ALL.

Feel free to PM for a nudge,

Type your comment> @Franna said:

ROOTED.
fun box.

Hints,
Foothold: Can’t use me********? Try doing it manually
Root: GTFOBINS is your friend. NOTHING TO DO WITH RESOLUTION OR SCREEN SIZE AT ALL.

Feel free to PM for a nudge,

not if you use i3 desktop…size matters