Machine Submission Checklist

Can I also perhaps recommend disabling the wall command on linux boxes…?

I have a private github page with sources, solutions, important files and some notes.
Do you have a github account so I’ll be able to add you as a collaborator?

Are there any sort of baseline settings we need to configure, e.g networking configurations to be compatible with HTB’s environment? Or will this be setup by HTB?

Sorry, is there a preferred hypervisor format for the Machines?

@MnrB1lt0ng said:

Sorry, is there a preferred hypervisor format for the Machines?

From the submission page:

0x03 What VM format do you expect the machine in?
VMWare Workstation, VirtualBox or even ESXi would do. Avoid Hyper-V if possible.

Spoiler Removed

“root.txt: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\user.txt”

Shouldn’t it be:
root.txt: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\root.txt
?

how do i delete this comment

Very helpful thread thank you. Finally submitted my first box had a blast doing so!

Cool to see it from the other side of creating a system that is vulnerable and creating the path to initial foothold and root.

This thread is very helpful, however as someone who’s never made a CTF box before, I’m running into some problems and have questions. Is there anyone (preferably a moderator, so that no person is given an unfair advantage on the machine if were to be released) that I can ask questions to?
I sent an email to info@hackthebox.eu days ago, but still haven’t heard back :confused:

Type your comment> @ChefByzen said:

This thread is very helpful, however as someone who’s never made a CTF box before, I’m running into some problems and have questions. Is there anyone (preferably a moderator, so that no person is given an unfair advantage on the machine if were to be released) that I can ask questions to?
I sent an email to info@hackthebox.eu days ago, but still haven’t heard back :confused:

There is a support option on the main site (confusingly its hidden under “Other” on the main menu on the left). I’m not sure if they’ll be able to help with this kind of question though or if they only deal with technical issues with the existing machines etc, but worth a try.

Type your comment

can you respect me then later I will respect you too

@akuy said:

What does this have to do with the subject of the thread?

1 Like

Type your comment> @akuy said:

Lol. Not social media ?.

1 Like

Great, thanks

thx!

Quick question about user/root flags

Who is supposed and how to implement the randomness of the flags?
Are we required to create a script that changes the md5 hashes upon reboots?

Thanks for replies

I think the HTB staff will handle that for you.

thanks (: