Traverxec

I just want to confirm that the way to root is the s*****-s****.s* file? I just need to make sure since I have been smashing my head into the wall for hours.

Type your comment> @cj3207 said:

I just want to confirm that the way to root is the s*****-s****.s* file? I just need to make sure since I have been smashing my head into the wall for hours.

dm me bro

Got user in about 10 minutes. Root a little bit more (way too much).
Root, as someone as already pointed out, is a little bit tricky (but not hard) :wink:

Rooted. Can someone explain the deal with the gtfobin part and why it doesn’t work like that with a wider terminal?

Type your comment> @Exci said:

Rooted. Can someone explain the deal with the gtfobin part and why it doesn’t work like that with a wider terminal?

the gtfobin part needs a certain size on terminal to be invoked…

Gotcha. Thanks @Shad0wQu35t for the boost.

Type your comment> @Shad0wQu35t said:

Type your comment> @Exci said:

the gtfobin part needs a certain size on terminal to be invoked…

Thanks @Shad0wQu35t for the hint!

To people who can’t get the root method to work: Try it locally. Then look at a certain limiter to work out why it won’t work here. It stops there from being a minor display problem: you need to introduce a problem.

Looked at the manual of the service needed for user.
I should be able to see one of the users’ home. However I’m no seeing any files.

Can someone please give me a nudge?

Rooted! Didn’t end up using that thing in *pasd so not sure if that was a rabbit hole. Also I ended up getting root accidentally with the “trick” other people are talking about in the thread. If there was a more “intended” way to do it that someone knows of would love a DM!

Happy to nudge a few people in the right direction.

can someone pm me for root? i know the gt…n, but dont know how tu put the puzzle together

Can anybody guide me to how to crack those “hidden keys”.

wooooowwww!!! that root was a massive troll… just spilled my drink :)))

Yay! Rooted :slight_smile: Cool, logical machine, thanks @jkr!

Tips for user:

• Something should stand out in the nmap scan. Pursue that.
  • When you have shell, enum. You’ll find a useful file
  • You have a key but where are the door? RTF config, RTF manual, grab your user flag

For root:

• Pretty straightforward
  • A script will reveal a direction
  • Google how it can be exploited.
  • Due to it’s limitations you might need a little trick to trigger exploitable state.

PM me for nudges if needed :slight_smile:

Root was annoying, for me resizing didn’t work, made a change and that worked for me…

Root was similar to a challenge from overthewire. This was a neat one, made me laugh. Thanks jkr for yet another great machine!

#rootdance
learned a lot and thx for all the help people!

I would like to accept this “root” on behalf of Traverxec, I would like to give thanks to my producers and directors @dnperfors @Enigma00

Now lets all root dance!

I am stuck in Traverxec box. As I am very new to this field, unsurprisingly, I am not able to gain even the initial foothold. I know that the box is vulnerable because some service (I know which) is running on port 8*, but I am not able to exploit it. I downloaded its metasploit exploit but I am not able to exploit it. Can someone help?
Thank you

i found the pass of the user but how to decrypt this??