Traverxec

Finally got root :slight_smile:
thx @ PlayerThree and 0X44696F21

Type your comment> @Physix said:

Can someone pm on root please. I see the file, I see the way to root, however everything I try just results in a normal shell not a root shell.

PM me if u r still stuck bro

@PlayerThree said:

# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

The way to get root made me feel real stupid, took me way to long. I don’t understand the name tho, anyone care to PM me an explanation?

PM if you need any assistance.

pm me bro

that might be terribly stupid question, but can someone pls point me to where to find the hash for the initial step ? I did get user and root and submitted these , but couldnt make out the initial hash to submit yet. am I missing something here, might be I dont see the forest due to the many trees around though

I just want to confirm that the way to root is the s*****-s****.s* file? I just need to make sure since I have been smashing my head into the wall for hours.

Type your comment> @cj3207 said:

I just want to confirm that the way to root is the s*****-s****.s* file? I just need to make sure since I have been smashing my head into the wall for hours.

dm me bro

Got user in about 10 minutes. Root a little bit more (way too much).
Root, as someone as already pointed out, is a little bit tricky (but not hard) :wink:

Rooted. Can someone explain the deal with the gtfobin part and why it doesn’t work like that with a wider terminal?

Type your comment> @Exci said:

Rooted. Can someone explain the deal with the gtfobin part and why it doesn’t work like that with a wider terminal?

the gtfobin part needs a certain size on terminal to be invoked…

Gotcha. Thanks @Shad0wQu35t for the boost.

Type your comment> @Shad0wQu35t said:

Type your comment> @Exci said:

the gtfobin part needs a certain size on terminal to be invoked…

Thanks @Shad0wQu35t for the hint!

To people who can’t get the root method to work: Try it locally. Then look at a certain limiter to work out why it won’t work here. It stops there from being a minor display problem: you need to introduce a problem.

Looked at the manual of the service needed for user.
I should be able to see one of the users’ home. However I’m no seeing any files.

Can someone please give me a nudge?

Rooted! Didn’t end up using that thing in *pasd so not sure if that was a rabbit hole. Also I ended up getting root accidentally with the “trick” other people are talking about in the thread. If there was a more “intended” way to do it that someone knows of would love a DM!

Happy to nudge a few people in the right direction.

can someone pm me for root? i know the gt…n, but dont know how tu put the puzzle together

Can anybody guide me to how to crack those “hidden keys”.

wooooowwww!!! that root was a massive troll… just spilled my drink :)))

Yay! Rooted :slight_smile: Cool, logical machine, thanks @jkr!

Tips for user:

• Something should stand out in the nmap scan. Pursue that.
  • When you have shell, enum. You’ll find a useful file
  • You have a key but where are the door? RTF config, RTF manual, grab your user flag

For root:

• Pretty straightforward
  • A script will reveal a direction
  • Google how it can be exploited.
  • Due to it’s limitations you might need a little trick to trigger exploitable state.

PM me for nudges if needed :slight_smile:

Root was annoying, for me resizing didn’t work, made a change and that worked for me…

Root was similar to a challenge from overthewire. This was a neat one, made me laugh. Thanks jkr for yet another great machine!