Traverxec

Just rooted my first Linux box. Thanks @D3Fix , @t0thkr1s , @rholas . I learned a lot from this box thanks @jkr!

Just got root@traverxec:

Nice box! I learnt a lot.

If need help u can send me pm!

Well thats that… I always feel sad when I finish them…

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

First box rooted! Was a lot of fun, wrote down all the steps for my own knowledge as well. If anyone needs help feel free to PM.

It really made me slap my head when I found how simple it was! Tricky but simple in the end. The hardest part of the box was the user flag enumeration, the answer came to me at work today and it took forever to get home to do it.

I’m stuck on user d***d. Can anyone help me? PM… please!

rooted. I really enjoyed this one. Getting user was pretty hard for me, but if you follow the other advice in this thread you can get there

root: Unless you’ve seen this trick before you are fucked imo (unless there is another way to do it, in which case someone please DM me), no idea how you’d ever figure this out without being shown. I learned it by doing all the bandit challenges on overthewire, and that was the only one I had to cheat and lookup a walkthrough for, and im glad I did, cuz I’d still be sitting there trying to figure it out, heh.

Oh God…! Got USER… but root is hurting… Man any tips?!! lol I have read about the ‘tiny’ things etc. But cannot get it to ■■■■■■ work. haha I need help. I cannot do everything alone. :slight_smile:

User : Irritate , Some thing you know but unthinkable. When you know you will Laugh
Root : In front of you

Thanks @jkr for the fun box

Hi, I have got the hashed credential and found the hidden keys in the hidden folder but still can’t get in as its asking for passphrase …is there another credential ?

I found d**** credentials, but john and hashcat doesn’t work for me, any help? PM please!

Type your comment> @chiefgreek said:

Hi, I have got the hashed credential and found the hidden keys in the hidden folder but still can’t get in as its asking for passphrase …is there another credential ?

No, you need to crack key to obtain passphrase

I swear, if I read the man page and the file another time without understanding where is the caveat!

Enjyoing the frustration though, thanks @jkr

Edit: rooted, I liked this box, very CTF-esque.

rooted.Great box! Thx

Rooted, crazy machine.
My hint for root:
If your command doesn’t work, try this command in another terminal(not Kali terminal)
Thanks for the hint @rholas @bertalting @htbmar

# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

The way to get root made me feel real stupid, took me way to long. I don’t understand the name tho, anyone care to PM me an explanation?

PM if you need any assistance.

Need some help for the user. In brief, I got the creds, played around with c*** file and accessed the user’s home folder over URI. I noticed that the home folder has some strange permissions too. PM please

Whoop! Just finished this machine! Enumeration is key, once again, to get the foorhold, and then Kali has all the tools you need to get from foothold → user → root!

Feel free to pm for help!

Finally got root :slight_smile:
thx @ PlayerThree and 0X44696F21

Type your comment> @Physix said:

Can someone pm on root please. I see the file, I see the way to root, however everything I try just results in a normal shell not a root shell.

PM me if u r still stuck bro