Traverxec

Type your comment> @jklmnop said:

John is not helpful, any tips to get user please.

if the creds dont work on ssh, there is another option. you should find something in a folder where you can not see anything. maybe the config could help you out?

@bertalting said:
Can anyone confirm if i should look at cron jobs to get user ?

no cronjobs…

Howdy all, I have the password for user d, I’ve read n…f and I looked at the docs and found something interesting. I’m in /h…s and getting a Permission denied error for what I’m trying to touch. Any tips?

Spoiler Removed

Quite straightforward step by step. Thanks. Still took me 2h, spent way too much time enumerating on initial shell. Got initial shell in like 1min. then spent like an hour and a half before i read the whole file with thought. Then it was just doing.

■■■ port 80 closed on VIP 15. Please fix, Thank you!

Edit: spent like an hour trying to find an SSH exploit. Lol FYI port 80 is not supposed to be closed.

@B374 said:
Why I’m getting kicked from ssh when connecting with user david?

Broadcast message from david@traverxec (somewhere) (Mon Nov 18 14:49:50 2019):

double edged

Those creds aren’t for SSH

Type your comment> @Huejash0le said:

■■■ port 80 closed on VIP 15. Please fix, Thank you!

Edit: spent like an hour trying to find an SSH exploit. Lol FYI port 80 is not supposed to be closed.

I had to switch to EU VIP and could see port 80 open.

Comment Deleted

Can someone pm on root please. I see the file, I see the way to root, however everything I try just results in a normal shell not a root shell.

Good box with some easy and interesting stuff to explore, even though the connectivity was not stable

Rooted ! Fun box. It seems that you can stare blind and focus on 1 particular thing or command. After rooting this one i felt so stupid. :slight_smile:

DM me if you need a little nudge

Interesting box

Foothold: CVE

User: Think logically, hard to explain what I mean by this without spoiling. Once you’ve read the file everyone is talking about, go back to the home dir, what permissions exist? Something is odd. How can you be in another directory but can’t view contents ? Mess around in there and refer back to the “file” and keep thinking and experimenting is all I can say. Even this is probs going to be removed might be too much spoils

Root : IDK why people are saying to minimise the screen xD You can keep a full sized screen just understand what is going on exactly on that thing you’ve found. Understand it phrase by phrase, command by command, the GTFObin reference will help you understand why people are emphasising the word “LESS” - and from there, keep doing more logical thinking and experiment, you’ll get it. I got it by mistake ■■■■ it was a test run and ended up being the thing that worked

Rooted, fun box @jkr !!

A great box jkr, thank you!

As i am always having my terminal at about 1/4th of my screen i didnt experience the reason for which everyone said to not have maximized terminal.
If any1 could explain why it happens in a dm i would really appreciate it!

Finally rooted this box !
I spent many hours working on this machine over nothing literally :
Port 80 wasn’t working at the begging and i thought it was intended to be closed and was really pissed when i switched server and it took me like 15 min to drop a shell
User is challenging a bit but over all worth it
Root was a big journey too the intended way should have worked but it didnt get me as it should … and as i figured out later that the server has issues too ! need to change my shell multiple times to finnaly get it done
Over all this box is great if all works as they should be !
hints only for user : don’t go out to the public staying at home is always sweet :wink:
Any how big thanks to @jkr for this awesome box

I am completely lost in regards to even getting the user flag, no clue where to go or what to do. A nudge would be appreciated.

Just rooted my first Linux box. Thanks @D3Fix , @t0thkr1s , @rholas . I learned a lot from this box thanks @jkr!

Just got root@traverxec:

Nice box! I learnt a lot.

If need help u can send me pm!

Well thats that… I always feel sad when I finish them…

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)