Postman

Rooted! A few hints:
Initial stage:

Don’t overcomplicate it like I did! Remember that it is rated as an easy box. I’ve wasted a couple of hours trying to fix that “module” thing. Think about what else you can do.

Root:
That’s an easy one, you will get it if you’ve done your nmap well.

root@Postman# cat /root/root.txt
Wasted a lot of time because someone was changing the user’s pass!
Root was very fast.

PM me if you need a hint.

It’s a nice machine, i’ve learned about r****, user and root is more simple that you think :slight_smile: if ssh not work think different !

Nice and simple machine. Enjoyed.
Somebody wrote earlier that got root before the user. Im wondering how? Perhaps I missed something … ?

I am struggling to get past this r****-c** stage, would appreciate a dm if someone can give me a nudge.

None of these exploits works I tried 100 times and NONE of them are working. I get permission denied for the xxx exploit script, and xxxxx command not found , and the script overflow doesn’t work. Nothing is working. I also tried to do it manually and nothing worked.

Hey,
Found the username M*** and the i****.k file used john and got c*8. Trying to connect over with ssh likewise the previous ssh connection. but using M and its r. It results in Authentication failed. Is it normal?

I figured out why I get the Authentication failed.

Rooted
Very interesting machine.

Rooted!
If anybody needs help, p.m. for hints.

Hack The Box

ROOTED
took 4 hrs ,easy each level is CVE based just search it and some pass cracking.

Rooted. Little hints:

Foothold: Scan harder.
User: How you get inside? Find a same file.
Root: CVE

Not sure if this should go here, but is there any specific reason why I can’t submit the root flag? I got it, but I keep getting an error whenever I try to submit it. Same with the user flag.

Type your comment> @AverageDave said:

Rooted. Little hints:

Foothold: Scan harder.
User: How you get inside? Find a same file.
Root: CVE

I scanned all and got it but like I said none of the exploits are working at all. And I tried them all, running scripts and manually like I said.

Type your comment> @JuicyyCandy said:

Not sure if this should go here, but is there any specific reason why I can’t submit the root flag? I got it, but I keep getting an error whenever I try to submit it. Same with the user flag.

You’re not putting anything special in are you?..like flag{}?..just pasting the hash?

Type your comment> @ByteM3 said:

You’re not putting anything special in are you?..like flag{}?..just pasting the hash?

I wasn’t, I was just being an idiot, didn’t know I had to choose how difficult I found it.

I wasn’t, I was just being an idiot, didn’t know I had to choose how difficult I found it.

=D

Rooted!

PM if you’d like assistance!

Rooted - although overall not that difficult, was a good learning experience. Admittedly took me awhile to figure out that my location for r****-c** was wrong, thank you @n1njaaa

Rooted

Rooted. Actually another good chance too improve my skills.