Traverxec

Rooted!

Root is really simple.

Hint: Just look at the file you will find as user…and you may see a very suspicious command.

Still cannot see anything under restricted shell

Correct me, if i am wrong, but smth interesting in h…f file???

Type your comment> @MasterSplinter said:

Don’t get too much stuck on the creds you find, look for “better”.
Currently stuck on root, I’m pretty sure it has to do with all those logs but not sure how.

i’m stuck on root too, i think i’ll need to symplink stuff with other stuff to get the job donn

ok, that was straightforward :slight_smile:

# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

@ToneDef said:
Rooted!

Root is really simple.

Hint: Just look at the file you will find as user…and you may see a very suspicious command.

the simplyest stuff can make you go crazy sometimes

Yup XD

Is the box down for anyone else? I lose connection every few minutes

Got user.

For people having problems/getting nothing after getting creds : yeah they can be useful somewhere but you must enumerate and read some files to better understand where you can use them :). You should wonder why there are creds here and for what they are needed/supposed to do

Sorry if I say too much, it’s my first time giving my opinion and advice here xD

PM if needed

Got user now too.

Go going for root… but didn’t found anything yet. Can someone PM me a nudge?

rooted

PM for nuggets

Hack The Box

Initial: Fastest foothold I’ve ever got. 2 steps to get an easy shell.
User: Read files carefully, ignore rabbit holes and RTFM.
Root: You should spot the method fast, try it locally to understand how to make it work.

Spoiler Removed

Finally.
Foothold: DDoS? Really? Check the description before run something!
User: check that same place where you’ve found those creds. Make yourself familiar with capabilities of the service and ask yourself what permissions should you have to view that content.
Root: was mindblowing for me. It’s right in front of your eyes once you logged in, but you just cannot violate args. Fortunately, there is a way to substitute one thing with another and use the same command to get a shell

I’m a bit stuck… I’ve found the place mentioned in the interesting file, just can’t find anything further, not sure what to do with the creds…

Type your comment> @benhulatt said:

I’m a bit stuck… I’ve found the place mentioned in the interesting file, just can’t find anything further, not sure what to do with the creds…

if you cannot see something it doesn’t mean it not exist

Rooted.

Feel free to PM. :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @olsv said:

Type your comment> @benhulatt said:

if you cannot see something it doesn’t mean it not exist

took a moment to understand what you mean, figured it out now, thank you for the tip!

Finally got user thanks to @D3Fix and @olsv . As always something stupid i missed, also found cheetsheet and read it and found another way to get there. funny

got root, it was fun.

rooted!

Much thanks to @rholas and @idomino when I was stuck at user.