[REVERSING] headache2

OwO

UwU

This challenge will be the end of me Layle :slight_smile:

Rather the end of me xD

LOOOOOL. mistakes happens all the time, don’t worry about it.

:frowning:

I have absolutely no clue how to even begin tackling this. First thought it was bytecode, then shellcode, then thought it was a bootloader… all dead ends so far. Only hint is an embedded file that seems rust-based.

Edit: Okay, so I have the flag from the unintended route, but still curious about the intended route since it seems really cool.

In other news, this thing seems to have a lot of annoying false flags for everyone doing it the intended way.

I’m stuck here too… any hint on how to start this challenge?

Type your comment> @Xentropy said:

I have absolutely no clue how to even begin tackling this. First thought it was bytecode, then shellcode, then thought it was a bootloader… all dead ends so far. Only hint is an embedded file that seems rust-based.

Do you want a xmas-elf?

“xmas” can’t find the entry point

so may i just ask does it run? do i need apple-darwin? all my file scanners say its just a data bin. but gdb says otherwise… tick tock

I found what is it ! but I am not able to execute it as it should be !

how to get started with this ?? i have absolutely no idea pls help :\

Look at the hex

still not catching ya :\ pm with a nudge

I have found something Rusty inside the file and extract it successfully (even though it faults at runtime).
Now i am stuck analysing the remainder of the hex and the rusty thing at the same time.
anyone could shed a light?

Alright! Now i found a XMAS present through a quick google search.
where does this lead to??

had fun on the first part, less on the second, I’m curious to read the > @Xentropy said:

Edit: Okay, so I have the flag from the unintended route, but still curious about the intended route since it seems really cool.

In other news, this thing seems to have a lot of annoying false flags for everyone doing it the intended way.

I agree with you, first part is cool, the second one is a bit “messy”. I’m very curious to see a writeup for the intended way (if there’s one) or maybe the author can share it with us in PM :slight_smile:

EDIT: the challenge itself is not that difficult, but the way to reach the “standard reversing phase” was interesting enough for the new stuff learned not just about reversing :slight_smile:

Spoiler Removed

It starts alright with the right magic