Postman

managed to find some ports, now looking at exploits… I think I’m on the right track looking at Rs and W*n exploits, and I in the right track? maybe need some advice getting stuck on exploit

Someone just put a password on the account r___s. I cannot use the s__ exploit for the first shell anymore…

EDIT : It’s working again !

Type your comment> @Franna said:

Can someone please nudge me on how to bypass ss* De*** config for the user?

if your already in terminal on r**** how do you switch users without starting a new connection?

i never did look at ssh config can you tell me what the De*** is and does?
got root the other day if anyone needs help let me know! (:

Type your comment> @ananb said:

if your already in terminal on r**** how do you switch users without starting a new connection?

I wouldnt mind some help… Noob trying first pop :-)… got as far as figuring out that R***s is possibly the way in … got some sort of connection to it, but stuck

Spoiler Removed

rooted!! wooo! this was my first box on HTB, and if this was “easy” i have a lot to learn >.>
thanks to all for the hints along the way!

Rooted! finally after 2 days lol thank you @JackWH @JadeWolf @MrW0l05zyn @mvc1009 @N0tAC0p and @halisha for all the help

Rooted for me too ! Very pleasant to do !

Thanks for people who put some hints !

Managed to get low priv shell a few days ago but can’t find a way to user :frowning:
I’ve found the i*****.**k, got the password with john but when i try to connect with ssh it closes the connection
Any nudge?

I’m frustratingly close to root I think. Have user and am trying to attack that “other” web application but it’s just timing out… I think there is a horde of people brute forcing it? ??

Type your comment> @Dark0 said:

There is a very good book called: Kali Linux - An Ethical Hacker’s Cookbook is Great, good luck guys

After get inform nmap and search keyword from this book it’s very useful. Thank you

Type your comment> @Matbe34 said:

Managed to get low priv shell a few days ago but can’t find a way to user :frowning:
I’ve found the i*****.**k, got the password with john but when i try to connect with ssh it closes the connection
Any nudge?

think of any other way beside s** to connect?

@ananb said:

De** prevents you to s** as that user. if you can’t s** maybe there is other way to get in using the pa***** that you got from j***

@andy1979s said:
Type your comment> @ananb said:

I wouldnt mind some help… Noob trying first pop :-)… got as far as figuring out that R***s is possibly the way in … got some sort of connection to it, but stuck

keep trying, maybe when there are other people not trying…

why does “(error) READONLY You can’t write against a read only slave.” occur sometimes when using f*all?

Type your comment> @ascannerdarkly said:

why does “(error) READONLY You can’t write against a read only slave.” occur sometimes when using f*all?

if you google it you’ll know why.

Hello guys!

I am stuck at getting interactive shell and need a hint. There is no M…e command in r…s.
Tried to make keys and save them in u…d folder but didnt work. Out of ideas.

Finally reread cookbook and found how to do this way. My idea was close

can anyone nudge me on what file to look for when trying to elevate to user? i feel like i’ve looked everywhere and nothing is jumping out at me

Type your comment> @ascannerdarkly said:

can anyone nudge me on what file to look for when trying to elevate to user? i feel like i’ve looked everywhere and nothing is jumping out at me

Back to the Root and start your walk again. You don’t need to go too high.

Rooted…

Thanks for this box @TheCyberGeek .

Hint : Don’t forget a port…

Feel free to PM me for more hints if you want.