[STEGO] Image Processing 101

Got this one. kinda easy if you have the right tools. like @Tristate said…

well i am completely stuck. steg***vle didnt say to me anything so i decided to search for some hidden files. with bin***k i have figured that there is some z**b ar***ve, but i cannot decompress it due to some header (i guess) error.
am i in a rabbit hole?

@HolyPanda said:

well i am completely stuck. steg***vle didnt say to me anything so i decided to search for some hidden files. with bin***k i have figured that there is some z**b ar***ve, but i cannot decompress it due to some header (i guess) error.
am i in a rabbit hole?

Sometimes binwalk just gives false positives.

Well, what can I say? As someone else said, be a script kiddie. Or think about FFT. Easy and quick challenge.

is there any guide how to use these stego scripts? im total newbie in stego :confused:

This was simple with the fft hint…

@mikensen 0xrick has this pretty good list of which can be refered to in general. i am not sure it will help you much in this one, but its worth bookmarking

Ok, after FFT hint I though I found the solution, but the text is almost unreadable and it is very difficult to distinguish various letters because the text is really confused… am I missing something?

@Ketil thank you very much, very helpfull link!

im trying to find something like that about FFT, any ideas ? some good tools or smthng?

Very nice challenge, interesting use of tools and technology. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips!

Hey,
has anyone any hints for a newbie? Spent countless hours on it hopping from rabbit hole to rabbit hole. Please help me!
All the best!

Alright, just after going over these hints, I managed to find the last small step to solve this challenge! So no need to give any further hints! Still, thanks!

Team, I have used FFT in Photo**** and can literally see a flag. Typing it in, wrong flag. Can someone please assist?

Type your comment> @chameleon said:

Team, I have used FFT in Photo**** and can literally see a flag. Typing it in, wrong flag. Can someone please assist?

You are focused too much on the flag. Read over all the comments again. And use the right program, only that will let you move forward.

Got it in the end :slight_smile: Thanks all!

Neverm!nd…

The hint at the start was all that was neeeded. Also gotta make sure to really make sure you’re typing what you’re thinking you’re typing. I had to stop and review what I was looking at a couple of times. After that it was super simple.

@chameleon thx for the hint :wink: easy to read in that tool.

I already got the image with HTB{} but already input the flag but still cannot :cry: can someone help me

Type your comment> @CaptainSog said:

Neverm!nd…

Thanks dude!