Postman

cant even netcat that thing on port 6379…

ROOTED! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
PM for a nudge

Did something change? I needed to restart but the directories in r***s appeared to change. I cannot create the ssh folder anymore :frowning: or edit the config directories

edit: never mind I had to change to the previous directory.

I have shell now what? any tips?

managed to find some ports, now looking at exploits… I think I’m on the right track looking at Rs and W*n exploits, and I in the right track? maybe need some advice getting stuck on exploit

Someone just put a password on the account r___s. I cannot use the s__ exploit for the first shell anymore…

EDIT : It’s working again !

Type your comment> @Franna said:

Can someone please nudge me on how to bypass ss* De*** config for the user?

if your already in terminal on r**** how do you switch users without starting a new connection?

i never did look at ssh config can you tell me what the De*** is and does?
got root the other day if anyone needs help let me know! (:

Type your comment> @ananb said:

if your already in terminal on r**** how do you switch users without starting a new connection?

I wouldnt mind some help… Noob trying first pop :-)… got as far as figuring out that R***s is possibly the way in … got some sort of connection to it, but stuck

Spoiler Removed

rooted!! wooo! this was my first box on HTB, and if this was “easy” i have a lot to learn >.>
thanks to all for the hints along the way!

Rooted! finally after 2 days lol thank you @JackWH @JadeWolf @MrW0l05zyn @mvc1009 @N0tAC0p and @halisha for all the help

Rooted for me too ! Very pleasant to do !

Thanks for people who put some hints !

Managed to get low priv shell a few days ago but can’t find a way to user :frowning:
I’ve found the i*****.**k, got the password with john but when i try to connect with ssh it closes the connection
Any nudge?

I’m frustratingly close to root I think. Have user and am trying to attack that “other” web application but it’s just timing out… I think there is a horde of people brute forcing it? ??

Type your comment> @Dark0 said:

There is a very good book called: Kali Linux - An Ethical Hacker’s Cookbook is Great, good luck guys

After get inform nmap and search keyword from this book it’s very useful. Thank you

Type your comment> @Matbe34 said:

Managed to get low priv shell a few days ago but can’t find a way to user :frowning:
I’ve found the i*****.**k, got the password with john but when i try to connect with ssh it closes the connection
Any nudge?

think of any other way beside s** to connect?

@ananb said:

De** prevents you to s** as that user. if you can’t s** maybe there is other way to get in using the pa***** that you got from j***

@andy1979s said:
Type your comment> @ananb said:

I wouldnt mind some help… Noob trying first pop :-)… got as far as figuring out that R***s is possibly the way in … got some sort of connection to it, but stuck

keep trying, maybe when there are other people not trying…

why does “(error) READONLY You can’t write against a read only slave.” occur sometimes when using f*all?

Type your comment> @ascannerdarkly said:

why does “(error) READONLY You can’t write against a read only slave.” occur sometimes when using f*all?

if you google it you’ll know why.