Networked

Hey im pretty new could someone please point me in the right direction or give me some hints. and the web server is saying internal server error, im confused as to whether that is meant to be happening, i would appreciate any hints just PM me thanks.

ROOTED!!

Rooted. Finding the seclists.org vulnerability article is the key. You can also achive root by fuzzing the script parameter, but you will got the shell not knowing why lol

Got user shell thanks to a tip from noi.
Am able to touch a file to make a connection back to me from a dir, but all I get is another apache shell.
Literally no idea where to proceed from this apache shell.

Finally managed to figure out how I got root after getting a shell by accident. Feel free to PM for hints or how the exploit works

I just managed to get root, definitely learned a couple new things with this new box.

@nardin your tip about checking the seclist.org vulnerability was definitely a light spot for me! Many thanks for that.

Feel free to ping me in case of any doubts :slight_smile:

Finally rooted, if need help you can send me pm.

pwnd

Rooted my 2nd box.

Tips on root: Donā€™t overthink on the magic words

Spent hours bypassing PHP file upload restrictions. The webserver is executing .png as a PHP file for unknown reason even though is a nginx webserver running on CentOSā€¦
Kind of disappointed.

Got user, but without full understanding of whatā€™s happening. Can someone who got it better pm?

Alright guys at a dead end here as apache user. Iā€™ll get to /ā€¦r/ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦ and touch a listener back to my machine which should be run by the scriptā€¦ I get a shell to my new listener but itā€™s also as user apache. So Iā€™m unable to escalate to gā€”. Any suggestions? Iā€™ve tried this command off and on yesterday and today, still the shell gives me apache user. So I need help escalating.

Edit, got escalation it was a syntax issue: thanks to Ctc76, Psychoshadw and Noproscp

Props to @madhack for his insanely quick ownership of root =)

i think for this problem i can upload php img shell but always reject, anyone can help me?

First HTB machine, learning a lot already. Iā€™ve found the u***** and able to put something on it but struggling to get shell. Scripts Iā€™ve attempted donā€™t seem to work. Attempting to use G**8*a.

Any help would be appreciated :smiley:

Rooted. Learned some new stuff about bash.

Feel free to PM for nudge.

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  awesomeā€¦ Just got USERā€¦ Now on to root.!! :slight_smile:

Root! Great box for beginners.

@EvilHacker40 said:

Alright guys at a dead end here as apache user. Iā€™ll get to /ā€¦r/ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦ and touch a listener back to my machine which should be run by the scriptā€¦ I get a shell to my new listener but itā€™s also as user apache. So Iā€™m unable to escalate to gā€”. Any suggestions? Iā€™ve tried this command off and on yesterday and today, still the shell gives me apache user. So I need help escalating.

Edit, got escalation it was a syntax issue: thanks to Ctc76, Psychoshadw and Noproscp

Youā€™re expecting a shell to come back as a higher priviledged than the environment that is executing it - The shell will never be g**** user because g*** is not the one executing it. Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

can you help me, im stuck on user apache, i had try updating the c****_*****.file for opening nc as guly but still same problem. any hint?